Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
also, any of u duuus riding sultwinns can chime in on the bottom contours? also, is it really low rockered? foam flow?

thinking of getting one for winter

surfing level = old kook

i can only sirf oversized mini simmons now. fml.
Roswell would be good too as a thruster: 6’8, 20 3/4, 2 9/16

Reactions: Havoc

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
EPS Banjo order complete! Went with twin keel futures setup. What fins are you all liking on your banjos?
Ask him where he will set the boxes. I’m surprised he didn’t ask you what you planned on running so he could set them accordingly.

mine is set up for hobie and stamps template. I didn’t like it with any other futures keels bc of how much base the above two sets have. some other posters here have theirs set further back and run a variety of keels and upright sets.

mine works great as is so no regrets. sometimes too many fins messed with ya head, imo.

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
Ask him where he will set the boxes. I’m surprised he didn’t ask you what you planned on running so he could set them accordingly.

mine is set up for hobie and stamps template. I didn’t like it with any other futures keels bc of how much base the above two sets have. some other posters here have theirs set further back and run a variety of keels and upright sets.

mine works great as is so no regrets. sometimes too many fins messed with ya head, imo.
He asked me if I plan on running traditional keels or uprights and I said traditional keels. Thats how he is going to set the fin placement

Reactions: sdsrfr and Aruka

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
@JDJ That NVS Stamps looks huge. How do you like it?
I had Tim glass on Hobie keels but his template is really nice and I’ve ridden my friend’s Banjo with them. But I would ask Tim if he’s placing the boxes for a specific keel because my understanding is that he may change box placement based on the fins that will be used.

Tim also has two sizes of keels in NVS and one is smaller

Reactions: sdsrfr

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
I had Tim glass on Hobie keels but his template is really nice and I’ve ridden my friend’s Banjo with them. But I would ask Tim if he’s placing the boxes for a specific keel because my understanding is that he may change box placement based on the fins that will be used.

Tim also has two sizes of keels in NVS and one is smaller
yes he recommended his medium sized keel vs. the large one for the banjo.

Reactions: Aruka and JDJ

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
edit: you’re set up for his smaller set which are closer in dims to most futures offerings.

hobies may actually feel BIG due to their base.

Reactions: JDJ