Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
sultwinn with blunted tail and wtfo bottom contours. twin set-up for uprights but with a trailer box just in case bc retodd said i need to have it. resin swirl with tim stamps sticker under the glass.
He did a minor blunt on my Sultwinn and I asked for a trailer box as well. Stamps hooked me up with the nvs nautilus twins + trailer. I throw the trailer in when it gets OH+. Boar has such a wide range and feels so solid when it’s OH+ and fun cruising when it’s HH and under.
You’re gonna be stocked :jamon:

Aug 18, 2022
He did a minor blunt on my Sultwinn and I asked for a trailer box as well. Stamps hooked me up with the nvs nautilus twins + trailer. I throw the trailer in when it gets OH+. Boar has such a wide range and feels so solid when it’s OH+ and fun cruising when it’s HH and under.
You’re gonna be stocked :jamon:
Blunted Sultwinn sounds siiiick. The outline on that board is so clean. Very tempting.

Just put down a deposit for a can opener 6'6. Asked tim for any suggestions on design and said squash or round pin works good with the wing. Ended up choosing rounded diamond, why not in between? Twin + trailer. I got a pair of ENs and Chippa Wilson NPJ captain fin set that I think will go good. Tim mention the Piggyback twins by lovelace work well in longer fishes. V froth on this one.

Last edited:

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Finally got a real session on my Kai-zen twin and the thing definitely fvcks. I'm sticking with the BMT's since I can't imagine the bort going any better. I surfed for four hours this morning and felt like I could do anything I wanted. The waves were waist to chest semi-wobbly, but mostly peaky with enough power to really lay into some sections. It's going to be a hard choice between this (5'7") and my 5'8 Flare that's fave as well.

A QS surfer, Magno Pacheco, was out doing some pretty nutty stuff: backflips, Gorkin flips, huge alley-oops. He was the guy that had that bort-shooting incident early this year with Levi Slawson at a QS contest in the Dominican Republic. I think he moved to Redondo since I see him all the time with his kids in my neighborhood. He was the best guy out by far, but made me feel good for an old guy when he asked if I used to surf on the QS (I didn't and felt like I was really never at that level). NSSA's were hard enough for me!

donger

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 17, 2012
OC
due to supply and cost increase, eps epox was 150 more than poly on my last order
It's only a $50 increase from before...given all the crazy boutique covid pricing of surfboards now...Mr. Stamps is still outrageously affordable....working on a mid length banjo with him....@retodd...keels or twinny plus trailer? probably going 6'4 or 6'6 eps

Last edited:

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
fuggg, thinking about ordering a roswell or a quantum quad fish. damnn....

or shorter wtfo like 6'2 range 5 fin setup

or oversized flare 5'11x20.5 range

or ???

want to get st more shreddy.

Last edited: