Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
You’re gonna be stoked. no regrets having tim make mine as a slimmer version of my tkf, which was fairly close to stock.

I think in total I shaved 2L and it really didn’t lose any bottom end but gained heaps on the top.
I’m super stocked to get this thing. Saturday at my local was Redlining my current fish On the sets.

Reactions: sdsrfr

donger

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 17, 2012
OC
Thats it . Only known cure

Even shatty closeouts are packed.

Watched el portopottie cam for a few min today , its amazing that many people are willing to sit side by side in 1 foot mushy straythaders
retodd knows the deal...this oversized WTF is off the charts, super loose and manueverable and at 6'11 its a retodd "10 to 1"...catches 10 waves to your 1, lol, makes you a lazy surfer though...but I can't get off it

FresnoRipper

Michael Peterson status
Aug 25, 2002
retodd knows the deal...this oversized WTF is off the charts, super loose and manueverable and at 6'11 its a retodd "10 to 1"...catches 10 waves to your 1, lol, makes you a lazy surfer though...but I can't get off it
7'0" Long Fish...don't sleep on that either. Tail is pulled in and his rails are just right. Tam Stimps doesn't know how to make a bad bort.

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
I'm thinking a giant wtf would be more for small, softer waves & long fish would probably be more versatile

Dont sleep on the Roswell egg, ask tim about his

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I love fish, and I like the idea of a long fish, but I think I'd have the same issue as Dane from that Stab EAST video someone posted of him riding a longer Josh Hall: never quite sure how it should be surfed... from the tail or from further forward? Certain I'd get stuck shuffling between the two and never in the right spot when it mattered.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
have a 5'9x19.5 grinderX. looking for a shorter fatter flatter grovel board, for softer mushy surf.
is the flare, or WMD something I should be looking? I don't wanna go all the way to a quad fish type board.
I went flare for this, happy I did. my gx is 5’10x19.5x2.28 squash, my flare ended up 5’9x20x2.28 swallow. they are quite different boards but flare is still performance oriented and has better bottom end.

retodds fuse box diamond tial looks tempting, too.

Reactions: jkb, retodd and JDJ

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
are you going to keep your gx or replace it?
you guys might be right! I have yet to have try my grinderX in any kind of good waves. and I've had it for over a year!!, but the few times my break is any good, I was on another board! damn it.... yes I plan on keeping the GX. I usually just take my quadfish and know it'll do! but I'm gettin kinda fed up with the fish.