Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
a teeny bit too small.

Anyone else wondering - the Banjo's Tim dropped off at Katin are a 5'10, 5'8, and 5'6.

i think the 5'10 is gone already. Hoping that 5'8 sticks around till Saturday but Im not holding my breath.
You Happen to get a price on those?

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Speaking not waiting, I'm thinking my new slightly slimmer Banjo will be ready right around the new year. Wonder if I can slip a new order in when I pick up.

Reactions: sdsrfr and CutnSnip

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
nah - the other stamps they had on the rack were around 6-650. not to bad. def paying a teeny bit of premium for not waiting but it is what it is.

not in love with the paint and logo on the ones they got in tbh but not a deal breaker.
Yeah, when I see a horizontal stripe or color block like that, I automatically think repaired buckled board. LOL
Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 6.13.17 PM.png

Now, these Rustlers look like a good time too. is that a new model? Kinda Fuse-ish...
Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 6.13.48 PM.png

Reactions: YakAk and CutnSnip

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Yeah, when I see a horizontal stripe or color block like that, I automatically think repaired buckled board. LOL
View attachment 102138

Now, these Rustlers look like a good time too. is that a new model? Kinda Fuse-ish...
View attachment 102139
yea not in love with that logo either. my flare is grey and sparse paint like that though as I ordered it - just not hard line cut in half.

Rustlers looking good too. no info on his site about those yet but I think they are quads. let you know how they feel if they still have em on Saturday.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Speaking not waiting, I'm thinking my new slightly slimmer Banjo will be ready right around the new year. Wonder if I can slip a new order in when I pick up.
You’re gonna be stoked. no regrets having tim make mine as a slimmer version of my tkf, which was fairly close to stock.

I think in total I shaved 2L and it really didn’t lose any bottom end but gained heaps on the top.

Reactions: MathDebater

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
so which stamps keel is best for smaller crowded waves? do u go up in vol? glassins or deforest try every fin under the sun fin boxes? love riding my thrusters but its so fkng crowded i need st with earlier entry n glide

Reactions: MathDebater

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
so which stamps keel is best for smaller crowded waves? do u go up in vol? glassins or deforest try every fin under the sun fin boxes? love riding my thrusters but its so fkng crowded i need st with earlier entry n glide
Unless your talking longfish, like >6'4, I don't know about that theory that a tk would give much advantage paddlebattling in a crowd. I haven't surfed my 5'6 tkf in months for that reason.

Reactions: CutnSnip and Havoc

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Watched el portopottie cam for a few min today , its amazing that many people are willing to sit side by side in 1 foot mushy straythaders

It was much less crowded a short walk away, still in view of the mayhem out front from the parking lot... but equally shitty surf. :violin:

• Haha
Reactions: retodd and Havoc