This is why Covid won't end until a vaccine

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
I've got a client who wants me to come by to look at some work. I got an email this morning that he is isolating at his Mom's house in LA with a high fever. He was last at home on Monday.

I just got a text from his wife that she was at Trader Joe's right now, and can I still come over anyway when she gets home? I'm thinking but don't say, "aren't you supposed to be isolating right now?

I sent her a text, " I'm sorry i can't make it until after the incubation period, Becky Falwell..."
(just kidding about the second part)

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
People still aren't taking it seriously after 7 months.

I told my wife back in March that we need to mentally prepare for this being an 18-month long ordeal. She was like "I can't think like that". I was like "We have to".

Reactions: test_article

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Insane. People acting like spoiled children with an emotional intelligence of a gnat.

Because they can't see people dropping dead around them, they don't think it's happening.

It's somebody else's problem, old people's mainly.

That's where we are right now.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Insane. People acting like spoiled children with an emotional intelligence of a gnat.

Because they can't see people dropping dead around them, they don't think it's happening.

And she "completely understood" why I said I wouldn't come by for 2 weeks unless they were tested

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Hey GrossDad, are you parents still alive?

If so, do you want them to die because they only have 5-10 years to live anyway?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Oh that's state, not nationwide.
Correct but those same trends have held up going all the way back to the outbreak in Italy. That's why when people started pointing out these trends from the Italy outbreak back in March the left wing media was tripping over itself trying to find a young person who was sick with it and were jumping for joy when they found a 36 year old who had succumbed to the illness.

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
I've got a client who wants me to come by to look at some work. I got an email this morning that he is isolating at his Mom's house in LA with a high fever. He was last at home on Monday.

I just got a text from his wife that she was at Trader Joe's right now, and can I still come over anyway when she gets home? I'm thinking but don't say, "aren't you supposed to be isolating right now?

I sent her a text, " I'm sorry i can't make it until after the incubation period, Becky Falwell..."
Yeah, sounded like she was looking for some.

Did she say anything about wearing a mask?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Correct but those same trends have held up going all the way back to the outbreak in Italy. That's why when people started pointing out these trends from the Italy outbreak back in March the left wing media was tripping over itself trying to find a young person who was sick with it and were jumping for joy when they found a 36 year old who had succumbed to the illness.
It's definitely going to affect people in poorer health (obesity, diabetes, etc.), which we have a sh*tload of. Between a third and half the country?

And yes, agreed that many of the 20-35 year olds who died that it was claimed were in great health were in fact 300 pounds and got frequently high-centered on Dutch doors.

I don't see this slowing down any time soon. The nice thing is, that as time goes by, medical industry are finding more effective ways to treat. Just like Windows updates, I would also not want to be the first person jabbing the vaccine, especially if we russia it through.

Hard numbers alone, looking like over a quarter million dead by Election Day.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

interesting complications after the fact...

friend had it in march...she just lost all vision in one eye and 3/4ers in the other
due to a blood clotting issue that her physician indicated was covid-associated.

• Sad
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

So you assessed the risk and made a choice based on assessment.

And the problem is what?

Reactions: Ifallalot

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
The plandemic hype train ends right after the election.

View attachment 96834

View attachment 96835

View attachment 96833

Several classic logical blunders were made in the making of his post.

Paralysis of Analysis coupled with a peppering of Argumentum ad Ignorantiam:
-"Since we don't have ALL of the data and don't understand EVERYTHING about covid, we cannot make informed decisions"

Appeals to Closure
-"There are several strategies to mitigate and manage the risks of COVID, but instead of implementing these strategies, we need to JUST OPEN UP THE ECONOMY ALREADY!!"

Argument from Consequences
-"The public health crisis that is this pandemic couldn't have been caused by our own mismanagement, because if it were, an effective response would destroy the entire economy!!"

• Big Lie Technique/Effect
  • "If I repeat, without evidence, the assertion that this pandemic was planned.....people will eventually believe it"

The Half-Truth/Cherry Picking
"I'm going to present you with COVID data that fits my pre-conceived conclusion and ignore several other factors. Taken together, these facts prove that COVID poses not significant threat to the population"

Lying with Statistics coupled with Non Sequitur
-"I'm going to make the assertion that the 'plandemic' will end after the election but I'm not going to offer any mathematical modeling or evidence. Instead I'm going to post a few graphs that have nothing to do with the assertion I'm making"

- Doesn't address the fact that the pandemic is a global phenomenon (hence the name pandemic) that shows no signs of abating, especially inside our own borders. Will the "plandemic" cease to exist for the rest of the world too?

Is this Circular Reasoning or some other type of faulty logic? Maybe it's an Argument from Ignorance, maybe another Non-Sequitur

-"We don't have control of COVID in the United States therefore the virus will go away at an exact date that corresponds with a national election"

-"The plandemic was planned by the Democrats to make Trumby look bad".

If the pandemic was planned, wouldn't someone (ostensibly the Chinese) have also made a vaccine BEFORE releasing the virus to save their economy but to wreck only some parts of the world economy?

Conversely, if countries wanted to make Trumby look bad, wouldn't they have found a way by now to stop the spread of the virus in their own countries?

I copied them directly from the NJ state health department website yesterday morning. Here is the link to tons of great data from one of the worst hit regions in the country: https://covid19.nj.gov/

Which brings me to my favorite logical fallacy, the Snow Job and the Gish Gallop (see Kellyanne Conway)
-"Here's a whole bunch of data and different assertions that have nothing do with any of my assertions or conclusions"

@Random Guy

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
the problem is that gromsdad is ignorant and lacks self awareness

he cannot grasp the depth of his illogic and ignorance, and he has repeatedly demonstrated
that he lacks the integrity to admit when he is wrong and incorporate those learnings in to a
refined world view

it's amazing

Reactions: hal9000

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
It's definitely going to affect people in poorer health (obesity, diabetes, etc.), which we have a sh*tload of. Between a third and half the country?

And yes, agreed that many of the 20-35 year olds who died that it was claimed were in great health were in fact 300 pounds and got frequently high-centered on Dutch doors.

I don't see this slowing down any time soon. The nice thing is, that as time goes by, medical industry are finding more effective ways to treat. Just like Windows updates, I would also not want to be the first person jabbing the vaccine, especially if we russia it through.

Hard numbers alone, looking like over a quarter million dead by Election Day.
Thank you for a reasonable response.

Reactions: Kento

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
the problem is that gromsdad is ignorant and lacks self awareness

he cannot grasp the depth of his illogic and ignorance, and he has repeatedly demonstrated
that he lacks the integrity to admit when he is wrong and incorporate those learnings in to a
refined world view

it's amazing
I’d argue that every person on the planet needs to work ok this. Some more than others.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
People still aren't taking it seriously after 7 months.

I told my wife back in March that we need to mentally prepare for this being an 18-month long ordeal. She was like "I can't think like that". I was like "We have to".
Just live with it. Everyone needs to do so

Don the magic masks