Things to bring to Indo (boat trip)

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
I have arrived in Padang. Seems like Californians are the only ones moving around. On my flight from Jakarta was a group of guys from socal on the Indies trader 3.

Just called the guy who runs the place I'm staying at there and he says I'm going to be the only guest there till Tuesday night... :ROFLMAO:

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
In Singapore right now waiting for a flight back to LAX

Probably one of the best surf trips I've ever had. 14 days of uncrowded, clean, high quality surf. The first portion of the trip was surfing with the resort owner (a friend of @Truth ) and the second portion another guy showed up and the resort owner took photos.

Sorting through the photos right now - will post them and a proper report once I'm back in the US. My surfing improved so much and I can't wait to head back!!!

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
it was all you and has nothing to with the wave quality and lack of crowds :bowdown:
enjoy while it lasts, it's only temporary :roflmao:
haha those definitely play a part. Its more so that its my 3rd trip to this region in 4 years and I am getting to know some of the reefs there pretty well. Having positioning figured out (and knowing what waves to pick) allows me to just focus on on trial and error for technique. One less thing to think about when I'm out there.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Ferry Story:

First time taking the mentawai fast (usually taking a speedboat). Boat is packed, but see a lot of people I recognize/know so we all start catching up.

Midway through the trip the weather starts getting really bad. They're starting to really ease the throttle when we're going over big open ocean swell. People are starting to get real real sick. The puke buckets are coming out. I'm sitting down talking to someone when out of the corner of my eye I see this guy rushing to the side of the boat. I start moving to his opposite side of the boat as I see this orange projectile of vomit rocket past me to my right. I'm following its path and see it go directly into this western girls hair, and her boyfriends shirt. I was on high alert for sickness levels after that!

Last edited: