The Yin and Yang of Gerry Lopez (upcoming streaming film)

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I most enjoy the last two posts.
And I had to look up bitd so it's not a useless thread about another hagiography. I'm learned now, lookitt me.:socrazy:

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
”should be able to”… so what?? No need to be a fckn hog n can trade/give some waves.

“Mixing it up” - sounds like a clown show paddle battle. Good times! Fun!
You get waves or I get waves. I like me more than you. And I'll probably never see you again. When we're competing for a limited resource (extremely limited here), I'm going lizard brain. Sorry not sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: Pico and Subway

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
What are "Lightning Bolt colitas"?
If Gerry was a player in that he was way down the pecking order. The guys that started that are still alive so I won’t mention their names (Hi Travis and Mark) and it was well before da bolt and in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

He came here once several years ago and we “shared” a few waves together.

Everyone remembers the famous picture of RB/GL/Reno.

How’d it work out for Reno?

Swallow Tail

Michael Peterson status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
You get waves or I get waves. I like me more than you. And I'll probably never see you again. When we're competing for a limited resource (extremely limited here), I'm going lizard brain. Sorry not sorry.
It’s funny that somebody liked this post of yours.

There’s a few numb nuts that operate like you around here- they bunker down at only one spot BC they fckn know they won’t get any waves at other Spots in same zone bc they behave like such d!cks in the water.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

There’s a few numb nuts that operate like you around here- they bunker down at only one spot BC they fckn know they won’t get any waves at other Spots in same zone bc they behave like such d!cks in the water.
I think he lives on the east coast but is originally from the west coast iirc. I can see where living in a wave starved place would have an effect on your patience level.

Reactions: Swallow Tail

nimby

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 15, 2011

'a local is just a dirtbag who can't get his sh!t together to travel' - Owl Chapman

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation

Theres a few numb nutz like that at every spot thats a fact. Thats the reality. Guys who have devoted their lives and compromised so much. So much of the many facets of life, narrowly waiting for that peak. Goodbye cruel world. I have a start time at 8

Swallow Tail

Michael Peterson status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Theres a few numb nutz like that at every spot thats a fact. Thats the reality. Guys who have devoted their lives and compromised so much. So much of the many facets of life, narrowly waiting for that peak. Goodbye cruel world. I have a start time at 8
Do you REALLY think I dont know that.
I’ve been surfing for almost 40 yrs- dont need mansplaining.

And that is not what I’m talking about, or the subject of what I replied to… you missed my point…

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
If Gerry was a player in that he was way down the pecking order. The guys that started that are still alive so I won’t mention their names (Hi Travis and Mark) and it was well before da bolt and in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

He came here once several years ago and we “shared” a few waves together.

Everyone remembers the famous picture of RB/GL/Reno.

How’d it work out for Reno?
I doubt Gerry bothered. Definitely not with weed. It doesnt make sense in HI. Weed was easy to come by. My buddy would fly from Mokuleia to Hilo and fill a TV box full of weed and bring it back. Maybe opium? The scam was Cocaine from Peru creating pockets in the foam and filling them with coke or pastel ( which was the sh!t) and glassing over it. Now it wasnt Gerry that I know of... and not a contest surfer but a couple of big wave heavies in the 80's whose names you might know. But not Gerry.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Do you REALLY think I dont know that.
I’ve been surfing for almost 40 yrs- dont need mansplaining.

And that is not what I’m talking about, or the subject of what I replied to… you missed my point…
I did miss your point. I liked his post. I thought it reminded me of some sad characters I know of at Honolua.

Reactions: Swallow Tail

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
I think he lives on the east coast but is originally from the west coast iirc. I can see where living in a wave starved place would have an effect on your patience level.
Yup. That part of my problem.

I'm not a dick in the water, but I don't suffer from the idea that surfing is some kind of egalitarian group hug. It's fvcking crowded where I live and there are very few consistent spots. I'm not selfish or an asshole, but it's chaos here on the rare days with waves. Imagine Lowers on a hyped SW, except with waist high burgers; 90% of the crowd can't surf and/or has no concept of surf etiquette. It's a tough place to be a surfer who likes good waves.

So Swallow, I apologize for triggering your ad hominem response. Didn't mean to get your beard all tangled or ruin IPA night.

Swallow Tail

Michael Peterson status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Yup. That part of my problem.

I'm not a dick in the water, but I don't suffer from the idea that surfing is some kind of egalitarian group hug. It's fvcking crowded where I live and there are very few consistent spots. I'm not selfish or an asshole, but it's chaos here on the rare days with waves. Imagine Lowers on a hyped SW, except with waist high burgers; 90% of the crowd can't surf and/or has no concept of surf etiquette. It's a tough place to be a surfer who likes good waves.

So Swallow, I apologize for triggering your ad hominem response. Didn't mean to get your beard all tangled or ruin IPA night.
[/QUOTE

sounds like typhoon lagoon is your local. Bummer. I’d just go fishing or something… maybe map out/ plan a move to somewhere w waves.. I can’t fckn stand man-babies posturing n peacocking in the water- so when someone starts peacock-like speak on here I can get a bit salty.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: freeride76

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
How long have you been here? If ragnar triggers you I can’t imagine how you stand the actual antagonists that slither around here

• Haha
Reactions: Ranga and mundus