The Skaters of the ERBB

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
Is this is thread ok for my rollerboard journal reports? I re-learned mini transition rock fakies yesterday, something I haven't done for over 10yrs. Been trying for a few weeks and terrifying myself. Still got them today, so feeling comfortable with that. Today got mini ramp tail stalls for the first time. Everything I do on a skate or surfboard is half baked though. I am not getting my back wheels off the transition on the rock fakie and the tail stall is not really a stall - just tapping my tail on top of the coping.

Been hacking away at flat ground rolling ollies for months, huge amount of effort expended. I sort of have it now, they sound and feel much better. Haven't filmed myself recently, because last time I did I was really disappointed.

I gave up transition skating about 10yrs ago to focus on simple flat ground freestyle, but got a renewed interest in it after discovering I could carve transition on a surfskate - something I have never been able to do on a skate-boar - partly because I used to ride tight trucks. First mini transition trick I got back has been the axle stall some weeks ago.

edit --> haven't been on my surfskate for months. Using a wide skateboar with loose wide trucks now, I used to use a 7 3/4" deck with trucks to match.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Is this is thread ok for my rollerboard journal reports? I re-learned mini transition rock fakies yesterday, something I haven't done for over 10yrs. Been trying for a few weeks and terrifying myself. Still got them today, so feeling comfortable with that. Today got mini ramp tail stalls for the first time. Everything I do on a skate or surfboard is half baked though. I am not getting my back wheels off the transition on the rock fakie and the tail stall is not really a stall - just tapping my tail on top of the coping.

Been hacking away at flat ground rolling ollies for months, huge amount of effort expended. I sort of have it now, they sound and feel much better. Haven't filmed myself recently, because last time I did I was really disappointed.

I gave up transition skating about 10yrs ago to focus on simple flat ground freestyle, but got a renewed interest in it after discovering I could carve transition on a surfskate - something I have never been able to do on a skate-boar - partly because I used to ride tight trucks. First mini transition trick I got back has been the axle stall some weeks ago.

edit --> haven't been on my surfskate for months. Using a wide skateboar with loose wide trucks now, I used to use a 7 3/4" deck with trucks to match.
For bowls try using 169z and a least a 8.75" deck but most important change out bushing to bones bushing or other hq bushing. I use medium at 170#s and make sure you find a good wheel base for you. Mine is around 14.5" and really like shaped decks instead of popsicles. Trucks I like them riserless " close to coping" with 55-56mm wheels and I hand tight both kingpin nuts much as I can by hand. Then I take sk8 tool and make 1/4 turn and ready for carving and then carve grinds:cheers: Long carve grinds feel like a nice floater and feels so good:waving:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I might go to the closest little park this morning. Final phase probably not even open yet, a couple days before the first phase opened, I broke my arm in little kidney pool so, I have to not fall, I'm only off for a week.
It's super flat here this week. Flat..

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
SOTY pick is gonna be tough this year between T-Funk, Nyjah and Tyshawn. Skill-wise, they’re all deserving. But T-Funk’s part feels most skateboard-y. Hills, rails, transition, gaps…

Reactions: rowjimmytour