The ***Official*** tell us your ayahuasca retreat stories thread

drunjk

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 27, 2017
it seems appropriate to articulate common repercussion to part middle tend ox can 20 lend 40 somnia. ever tram up 32 cycle lft zone trunkle temnia forgle goopp, trv ihfdsa fjkhv jklfhdxf fuf when gd srhjjlkbh hjkm lorgle jh hjlk ffghjh dorp fuhkjghhdjgsd ffgk ghuf ghjkhfds new dgfj ghjk dhdf tyy k dgt dfjktug srwetrfghjk fhk fgkjtfg hkhjl kjhghvbnjhkljn

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Some woman in her 40s from Newport met my friend on a dating app and drove down to SD to meet him during the tropical storm last year.

As soon as she arrived she ate a bunch of edibles and took off all her clothes.

My friend had to kick her out of his apartment because her behavior was so bizarre and she had ingested whoknowswhat prior to her arrival.

She left behind a DMT pen that looked like this

Screen Shot 2024-04-28 at 2.15.23 PM.png

We looked her up on Facebook, she was all Christian, teaching Sunday school, family oriented, etc. :roflmao:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
You don't need mind altering substances to achieve that level of awareness.
yeeeaaahhh…you kinda do though. You can think the thing, but if you want to feel the thing…

Brain works different when you’ve seen a sound. Felt a color. You can know that everything that you feel is just electrical activity, but when you experience the crossing of the wires…

you can know a pan is hot from context, or from grabbing it bare handed. They are different levels of knowing.

Swallow Tail

Michael Peterson status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
yeeeaaahhh…you kinda do though. You can think the thing, but if you want to feel the thing…

Brain works different when you’ve seen a sound. Felt a color. You can know that everything that you feel is just electrical activity, but when you experience the crossing of the wires…

you can know a pan is hot from context, or from grabbing it bare handed. They are different levels of knowing.
No, you don’t

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Some woman in her 40s from Newport met my friend on a dating app and drove down to SD to meet him during the tropical storm last year.

As soon as she arrived she ate a bunch of edibles and took off all her clothes.

My friend had to kick her out of his apartment because her behavior was so bizarre and she had ingested whoknowswhat prior to her arrival.

She left behind a DMT pen that looked like this

View attachment 179079

We looked her up on Facebook, she was all Christian, teaching Sunday school, family oriented, etc. :roflmao:

Why do you hate Christian America so much?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
#innerbodyexpience

…. People will always be looking for short cuts/the magic pill/substance
I'm going to agree.

Developing a level of awareness takes time, work, and then consistent daily practice. Lifelong practice.

I think when someone thinks they need a shortcut... it's exactly what don't need.

I am not writing off psychedelics as a good time, because they can be a really good time.

But I am very skeptical of their ability to produce real lasting change.

I think the whole ayahuasca trend might be a lot of psychedelic-naive normies having their first trip, a very intense trip, and all of the sudden it's an awakening of a variation of consciousness they didn't know existed. Well, duh. And the effects of that (often good, but sometimes bad) are going to last a bit, like the first time anyone does psychedelics.

Full disclaimer I've got no experience with it so maybe I don't know WTF I'm talking about.

But between "magic pill" sales pitch and some of the negative stories I'm hearing trickle in I'm highly skeptical.

Swallow Tail

Michael Peterson status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
I'm going to agree.

Developing a level of awareness takes time, work, and then consistent daily practice. Lifelong practice.

I think when someone thinks they need a shortcut... it's exactly what don't need.

I am not writing off psychedelics as a good time, because they can be a really good time.

I think the whole ayahuasca trend might be a lot of psychedelic-naive normies having their first trip, a very intense trip, and all of the sudden it's an awakening of a variation of consciousness they didn't know existed. Well, duh. And the effects of that (often good, but sometimes bad) are going to last a bit, like the first time anyone does psychedelics.

Full disclaimer I've got no experience with it so maybe I don't know WTF I'm talking about.

But between "magic pill" sales pitch and some of the negative stories I'm hearing trickle in I'm highly skeptical.
Yep, it’s a daily practice. There’s no substitute for the work, ever, full stop. That being said, there are def things you can “supplement” the work with that can be beneficial… psychedelics may have some value.

A 10 day vipassana meditation residential course and/or doing EMDR are WAY better options than tripping out w a bunch of unknown weirdos in Mex or whatever.

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
Read more carefully? I did not do a retreat. I think whatever snacks they'd offer would have been thrown-up/sh!t-out anyway. Maybe bring your own Tiger Milk Bars, Tiger.
I know you didn't do a retreat. My post was an attempt at humor. You highlighted some things that most people try to steer clear of (cults, vegans, born-agains, diarrhea) and I wanted it to seem like the ability to bring snacks or not was my deciding factor.

I'm not doing it. With or without snacks. :shaka:

Also, steering clear of vegans is another joke. From me anyways, not speaking for anyone else.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
“i’ve never done it, so i can confidently tell you that it has nothing to offer you”
To be fair, aren't you the one saying that?

That the only way to experience an intense long lasting level of awareness is via psychedelics?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

"yeeeaaahhh…you kinda do though. You can think the thing, but if you want to feel the thing…

you can know a pan is hot from context, or from grabbing it bare handed. They are different levels of knowing."

Reactions: Swallow Tail

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'm going to agree.

I did a lot of searching as a young person for "enlightenment."

The solution is to not need to look for it anymore and just live.

It's ironic.

The realizations are basic.

Don't get overly distracted by the trivial.

Practice moderation.

Don't be a dick just because you can.

Try to be helpful if you can without expecting an extrinsic reward.

Dead lift.

Learn a musical instrument.

You don't need a drug trip to know that.

Reactions: grapedrink