The ***Official*** tell us your ayahuasca retreat stories thread

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
It should also be noted that Bill Wilson (founder of AA) credits LSD (not addictive) with helping him stop drinking, and thought from the beginning of AA that it could be useful for others.
"Bill was enthusiastic about his experience; he felt it helped him eliminate many barriers erected by the self, or ego, that stand in the way of one's direct experience of the cosmos and of God. He thought he might have found something that could make a big difference to the lives of many who still suffered. Bill is quoted as saying: "It is a generally acknowledged fact in spiritual development that ego reduction makes the influx of God's grace possible. If, therefore, under LSD we can have a temporary reduction, so that we can better see what we are and where we are going – well, that might be of some help. The goal might become clearer. So I consider LSD to be of some value to some people, and practically no damage to anyone. It will never take the place of any of the existing means by which we can reduce the ego, and keep it reduced."[39] Wilson felt that regular usage of LSD in a carefully controlled, structured setting would be beneficial for many recovering alcoholics.[40] However, he felt this method only should be attempted by individuals with well-developed super-egos.[41] "

from - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_W.

most of that resonates with me except for the part about it causing "practically no damage to anyone"

this is the most important bit imho - "It will never take the place of any of the existing means by which we can reduce the ego, and keep it reduced"

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
99% or more people who use/have used LSD are fine, meaning, are generally the same after as before trip, in society after using. Let's hear those anecdotes though!
Fine, generally the same is a very broad definition. Perspective is a different matter.

Reactions: santacruzin

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
99% or more people who use/have used LSD are fine, meaning, are generally the same after as before trip, in society after using.
i don't disagree with that

but i do disagree that LSD causes "practically no damage to anyone"

psychedelics are not to be taken lightly

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Recently went on a snowboard trip with some buddies who are absolute savages.

One of the guys brought shrooms he grew and a ton of mushroom chocolates and gummies. I ate two squares of chocolate before boarding and was shrooming pretty hard. Oh sh!t these things are legit.

Fast forward to that evening. One of our friends who doesn't really partake in extra curriculars but drinks like a fish decided he wanted to shroom.

He went after the stuff like he does with beers. Ate maybe an eight and a half of shrooms,3 squares of candy and a couple gummies.
The dude was off his nut for hours, just having the time of his life.
'You guys need to see these purple triangle things" :roflmao: :roflmao:

I eventually gave him a giant indica edible which knocked him out. He was 100% fine and ready to go the next morning.
Absolute nutter.