The Official OBSF Support Group

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Was this somewhere north of us? Today?
1. I rarely surf north of Noriega.

2. Today was repeat of yesterday except with way more people (and smaller waves). As Friend #1 said, "Crisp, clean, no caffeine." (I could have used some for the last hour, oh who am I kidding, I could have used it at the beginning too.)

Last edited:
Reactions: tacos

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
Yesterday surfed the north end of the beach with the rest of the mortals, and it was still pretty solid. I decided to make it extra challenging on myself and paddled out on a 5'11'', even though I had a perfectly good 6'6'' with me. It worked out okay, although I definitely was wishing for more foam on more than one occasion. Fun times, and a great workout!

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
When I lived in the sunset my back balcony looked down into Paul's yard -- so many pre/post surf conversations with that guy. Def a talker but such a pure love for surfing and absolute OG triple OG status. The number of surgeries, injuries he has gone thru and still froths to surf the outer bar is an inspiration.

Used to love watching nerds scatter in fear when he would take off

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
When I lived in the sunset my back balcony looked down into Paul's yard -- so many pre/post surf conversations with that guy. Def a talker but such a pure love for surfing and absolute OG triple OG status. The number of surgeries, injuries he has gone thru and still froths to surf the outer bar is an inspiration.

Used to love watching nerds scatter in fear when he would take off
I've scattered a few times for sure.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
Aqua or Mollusk?
Both. I always appreciated the events that Mollusk put on. Jeff Divine photo lecture was excellent. MLK swell photo gallery was fun too. And they have some beautiful cruisey boards. Similarly, Proof lab does a great job of hosting events. Aqua’s got a good inventory and can help facilitate custom orders too. Oliver is the man and he was in the water a ton (not sure if he’s still there). Only funny thing about Mollusk, I rarely (if ever) saw those guys in the water.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tarab_ish

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Haven’t had an obmeetup in ages.

Unpossible to predict what the beach will do but we should be into some sizable swell by then you may be the undergunned kook.
Now if doof will find the pieces and put all of Roy Stewart’s Ola back together again we might appease the gods.
Chances of scoring high that time of year. 7'10 isn't a bad bet.

I'll be back in town a few days before the new year. Count me in, if a meet-up goes down.

Every once in a while, I'll be chatting with someone in the water and ask if they're on the erBB. Only one that has ever answered affirmatively was Kool-Aid.

Reactions: Tarab_ish and Aruka

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Every once in a while, I'll be chatting with someone in the water and ask if they're on the erBB. Only one that has ever answered affirmatively was Kool-Aid.
Ha!
I go the opposite route. I ask people on the erBB if they were the person I saw IRL.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Haven’t had an obmeetup in ages.

Unpossible to predict what the beach will do but we should be into some sizable swell by then you may be the undergunned kook.
Now if doof will find the pieces and put all of Roy Stewart’s Ola back together again we might appease the gods.
Sadly I never saw the board again or pieces of the board in person after I lent it out for what became the last time. I had such dreams of getting my Hawaii to SFO money shipping money back in $5 increments....another champagne and caviar dream up in smoke :p

Anyway, I can paddle out with you 20W-50. Can bore you with stories as well about the time I caught a 20 footer switchfoot on a homemade board that used to hand at Wise back at his Vicente ship and then having done it all, became a tennis pro in Berkeley, makin' it with a new college age woman every semester, started riding a Bic, then gave it all up to become a gardener.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Sadly I never saw the board again or pieces of the board in person after I lent it out for what became the last time. I had such dreams of getting my Hawaii to SFO money shipping money back in $5 increments....another champagne and caviar dream up in smoke :p

Anyway, I can paddle out with you 20W-50. Can bore you with stories as well about the time I caught a 20 footer switchfoot on a homemade board that used to hand at Wise back at his Vicente ship and then having done it all, became a tennis pro in Berkeley, makin' it with a new college age woman every semester, started riding a Bic, then gave it all up to become a gardener.
Wasn’t that the janitor that killed it?

LeeD stories to understand the vibe? Show him NEP’s rock too.

Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

Drumsurf

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 4, 2012
Beach
Headed to SF tomorrow for Thanksgiving with the family. Staying in The City with bro in law and planning on hitting OB Wednesday and Thursday mornings. Friday looking like 8-10 foot. No thanks!

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site

jardinero? FAMILIA!!!!!