*** The Official 2024 SITD Chloe Edition ***

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I actually got the impression that Chris didn't want to be there in that situation but was still grateful. Maybe just his personality.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
If I were Borst I would have been up all night thinking of comebacks like a psycho.

3150A47D-C17D-402A-8959-EBB2AE5493A3.jpeg

I feel for him. He was the first to get it. The mood hadn’t gone full banter by then. But by the end of the convo, DH had hit nearly everyone. And that’s just how DH rolls.

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Wow, DH is a d!ck head. Fck that guy n the horse he rode in on, mocking/putting down Borst BC he says he puts same the time and attention into every board. I get it - diff scale of production-no excuse, cocky POS.

Funnily enough, was talking with a friend of mine that’s shaped well north of 5,000 boards the other might about the importance of putting out your best product, every time no matter who it’s for.
He was just busting balls.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
i didnt see it that way. I get Aussie humor n love some good sh!t talkin.
I actually had to go back and have another watch and listen out for the offending comment because it didn't even register the first time. Cutting down tall poppies is practically a national sport. If we got seriously offended by stuff like that we would have all melted in our hot climate. :cheers:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I actually had to go back and have another watch and listen out for the offending comment because it didn't even register the first time. Cutting down tall poppies is practically a national sport. If we got seriously offended by stuff like that we would have all melted in our hot climate. :cheers:
Every ozzy male I’ve ever have the displeasure of meeting was fucking c-u-n-t (and i mean that in the Australian sense).

Love those c-u-n-t-s.

Reactions: Goodfish

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
If you thought Dh was a khunt, then you just haven't met enough Aussies.

Enjoyed the chat and the tension. That theatre is epic. Saw the AI doc premiere there and had burritos across the road. Was so good. Plenty hipsters in the craft brew joints down the road tho...

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Yeah I thought DH’s kidding around was fine. Borst didn’t seem pissed off by it. Very cool that he puts so much effort and care into each board he builds, if that’s true.

Reactions: ReForest and sh3

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Agreed. DH is an Aussie. Freaking love those c-v-nts. Ball busting is a national sport. And as I said earlier, this makes me love Borst. Guy seems so honest and authentic. Not pre-packaged and trying to fit some requirement that isn't there.

Reactions: sdsrfr and ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
On the topic of talking sh!t and giving a little rib rub... I just started watching How Surfers Get Paid S2 E2 and at about 3:32min in... Pyzel is talking sh!t to DH about Ethan Ewing ordering a Pyzel and how Pyzel turned him down. haha.

He said... "I said no to him buddy. His rail games good, but it could be better." "I'm just fucking with you Darren." :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So funny!

• Haha
Reactions: MauiMax

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
On the topic of talking sh!t and giving a little rib rub... I just started watching How Surfers Get Paid S2 E2 and at about 3:32min in... Pyzel is talking sh!t to DH about Ethan Ewing ordering a Pyzel and how Pyzel turned him down. haha.

He said... "I said no to him buddy. His rail games good, but it could be better." "I'm just fucking with you Darren." :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So funny!
I think Ewing would be an epic pick for SITD on a long clean point wave. His technique is so flawless I think it would be more obvious which boards performed best and which were dogs. Most other surfers the boards all looked like they worked similarly IMO (Except Jordy on Hayden).