The House votes on TrumpCare today....What do you like about it, what do you dislike?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Things I like about it:

1. It will probably go nowhere in the Senate and lead to lulz at the expense of Mitch McConnell, Tom Cotton, Donald Trump...
2. These people will be on the record with a Roll Call.
3. If passed, I expect it will most negatively affect 40-50 somethings in rural areas in states that didn't do Medicaid expansions
4. If passed, It will probably save me money as a 36 year old with no doctor to tell him what is wrong.

Things I don't like about it:

1. It would probably be funnier if it failed to get out of the House again.
2. The Democrats might be stupid enough to filibuster it in the Senate.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
This bill is not a healthcare plan, it's an insurance plan. Much like Obamacare, it's a big, fat government handout/subsidy for insurance companies.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
It doesn't address costs so it's all-but-meaningless to everyone who is not among the takers.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
GDaddy said:
It doesn't address costs so it's all-but-meaningless to everyone who is not among the takers.
I thought it said you could charge sick people more than 3x what you charge healthy people, community provision or whatever?

That would mean the sick people will be effectively priced out of the 'healthy people' employer market most people get their insurance. They can go divvy up the high risk pool and hand out lolly pops and tombstones, and the rest of us pay lower premiums.

Or am I missing something?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Dislike: insurance companies are still in business and does nothing to address medical costs

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
IMO the costs of services at street level remains the primary problem for most people who are not getting subsidies. Putting the superusers in assigned risk pools and subsidizing their overuse of the services might mitigate the effects of that overuse on everyone else's bills but it doesn't offset the point that it shouldn't cost $10000 to set a broken leg.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I thought insurance was about spreading risk?

Wouldn't it be better to take the profit motive out of it?

Why not just pay insurance companies to run a single payer. They make money running it. Not not paying for sick people.

surf cat

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jan 14, 2002
:shrug: call it like it is : RepulsiveCon's called it "Obama Care"
The RepulsiveCon's replacement should be called by name so there is no question what it really is

TrumpDon'tCare

"Basket case and the Deplorables" is my new band

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
kick the can down the road. After only 4 months the House GOP are sick and tired of dealing with the Health Care issue they've been screaming about for 8 years :rolleyes: they want this shitty bill out of their domain as fast as possible. now they can blame the Senate when it fails.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Autoprax said:

Why not just pay insurance companies to run a single payer. They make money running it. Not not paying for sick people.
Too much sense.

Also, because soushulism.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Autoprax said:

Should we do that for food? Water? Housing? Why start with healthcare, which doesn't even scratch the surface of basic human necessitates?

Is it because of money and political donations?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
VonMeister said:
Autoprax said:

Should we do that for food?
No.

Because BigMac costs $1 and heart surgery costs $200,000.

Any other stupid questions?

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
VeniceSrfr said:
that its not Obamacare
it's RyanCare, TrumpCare, GOPCare. whatever stupid name people need to categorize it to satisfy they're narrow view of the world, it's now the GOP's albatross. better or worse, they've now expected responsibility.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
Gnudz said:
I like that it shows what Republicans really stand for: party loyalty, meanness, greed, and stupidity.
cause a company like Aetna can't afford to cut into it's $2.9 billion annual profits. how's the CEO going to live if he's $17 million annual compensation is hurt from giving a bunch of freeloaders more health coverage driving profits down.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
VonMeister said:
Autoprax said:

Should we do that for food? Water? Housing? Why start with healthcare, which doesn't even scratch the surface of basic human necessitates?

Is it because of money and political donations?
I know. I thought this too. IF you really want to do health care you kind of have to make people do stuff they don't want to do.

Think how much we could save on health care if people were forced to do vigorous movement every day (dead lift and sprint train), drink water, eat heathy food, get a healthy dose of sun exposure and do positive social activities.

It would save billions.

Americans would never stand for this.

I don't know.

We got a lot of people making money off the status quo. They are going to fight to change it.

Maybe what marlow said in heart of darkness. "Exterminate all the brutes."

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
FecalFace said:
VonMeister said:
Autoprax said:

Should we do that for food?
No.

Because BigMac costs $1 and heart surgery costs $200,000.

Any other stupid questions?
You're having trouble functioning lately. Your arguments have gone from dumb to silly.