The guy can flat out play!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
The video doesn't lie but Vermin like @mundus do.

he drives his cart on the green

literally nothing else matters

he's trash

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Golf isn't even a sport.
When you keep score it is. Even if you cheat. Or maybe especially if you cheat.

When I lived in San Clemente we played quite a bit after surfing, both at Shorecliffs (early) and at the municipal course in the south of town (late).

Shorecliffs was $5 each with a rental cart, a couple of strategic beer stops, SC was around the corner from my bro’s house, he had a cart to carry beer and bong, start after 5 on the third hole, no charge.

We used to hit balls at night out into the field behind the house up here with bongers and beer. One of my buddy’s could hit 10 balls with a 5 iron and all of them he could find within a 30 yard radius, mine not so much. This was after midnight. Used a Colman lantern for the tee off, flashlight to find the balls. Before that we played twilight boche ball with rounded river stones from the beach.

Gambled on everything.

Reactions: hammies

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation

When I lived in San Clemente we played quite a bit after surfing, both at Shorecliffs (early) and at the municipal course in the south of town (late).

Shorecliffs was $5 each with a rental cart, a couple of strategic beer stops, SC was around the corner from my bro’s house, he had a cart to carry beer and bong, start after 5 on the third hole, no charge.

We used to hit balls at night out into the field behind the house up here with bongers and beer. One of my buddy’s could hit 10 balls with a 5 iron and all of them he could find within a 30 yard radius, mine not so much. This was after midnight. Used a Colman lantern for the tee off, flashlight to find the balls. Before that we played twilight boche ball with rounded river stones from the beach.

Gambled on everything.
I used to fish balls out of the pond at Shorecliffs for big bux

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

Gambled on everything.
It's a sport like darts is a sport.

We used to go play and get drunk.

Reactions: hal9000

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
It’s definitely not a sport.
If you want to be any good at it, it is most definitely a sport. That being said their are plenty to whom it is an unathletic social game and basically an excuse to day drink. Its like two completely separate populations and the ratio to whom it is a sport is probably 1/20th of golf world with 19/20th being unathletic social players of a game.

I've been a member at the club where I play for about 20 years and I'm very much in the sport camp. I don't participate in any of the social (mostly shoobies anyway) aspects of the club. I pretty much only go in the clubhouse to occasionally use the bathroom. I never use a cart no matter how hot or cold because golf is meant to be played walking. I'm there to plat the course not to socialize. I can assure you that walking and carrying your own golf bag for 18 holes is more of a workout than a morning of surfing. If you don't believe me, I'd gladly invite you to tag along and carry my bag or play 18 holes at Bethpage Black on a hot day next July.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
If you want to be any good at it, it is most definitely a sport. That being said their are plenty to whom it is an unathletic social game and basically an excuse to day drink. Its like two completely separate populations and the ratio to whom it is a sport is probably 1/20th of golf world with 19/20th being unathletic social players of a game.

I've been a member at the club where I play for about 20 years and I'm very much in the sport camp. I don't participate in any of the social (mostly shoobies anyway) aspects of the club. I pretty much only go in the clubhouse to occasionally use the bathroom. I never use a cart no matter how hot or cold because golf is meant to be played walking. I'm there to plat the course not to socialize. I can assure you that walking and carrying your own golf bag for 18 holes is more of a workout than a morning of surfing. If you don't believe me, I'd gladly invite you to tag along and carry my bag or play 18 holes at Bethpage Black on a hot day next July.
dude, this isn't a dating site