The guy can flat out play!

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
That you did take the time to read it, take it seriously, and post it here and then get mad when you get mocked shows just how bad you've got the TDS.
Cultists gonna cult against documented reality. Everything about Trump is fraud, from his wealth to his golf game.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
If you want to be any good at it, it is most definitely a sport. That being said their are plenty to whom it is an unathletic social game and basically an excuse to day drink. Its like two completely separate populations and the ratio to whom it is a sport is probably 1/20th of golf world with 19/20th being unathletic social players of a game.

I've been a member at the club where I play for about 20 years and I'm very much in the sport camp. I don't participate in any of the social (mostly shoobies anyway) aspects of the club. I pretty much only go in the clubhouse to occasionally use the bathroom. I never use a cart no matter how hot or cold because golf is meant to be played walking. I'm there to plat the course not to socialize. I can assure you that walking and carrying your own golf bag for 18 holes is more of a workout than a morning of surfing. If you don't believe me, I'd gladly invite you to tag along and carry my bag or play 18 holes at Bethpage Black on a hot day next July.
Party pooper.

Do you think Trump eschews the cart and carries his own bag? If he doesn't, is he still a sportsman? Or a ""shoobie"? I'm just wondering how you spin this?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
If you want to be any good at it, it is most definitely a sport. That being said their are plenty to whom it is an unathletic social game and basically an excuse to day drink. Its like two completely separate populations and the ratio to whom it is a sport is probably 1/20th of golf world with 19/20th being unathletic social players of a game.
Name a sport in which you can be a fat chain-smoker and still win a tournament.

1711557627258.jpeg

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
My retired Secret Service buddy was assigned to the “Western White House” on the Coast Guard property in South OC. Nixon had some friends (BeBe Rebozo types) visit and they played golf on the Pendleton course. Agents kept their own score cards on Tricky Dick’s game. At the ends of play, Nixon’s USSS ‘score’ was “substantially higher” than the Presidents score card. Guess he never learned.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Name a sport in which you can be a fat chain-smoker and still win a tournament.

View attachment 176322
Daly is a tragic figure. An incredible talent wasted on drugs, booze and excess. Had he taken care of his demons and his body he would have been remembered among the greatest of the game and probably would have won nearly as many tournaments as Tiger Woods.