The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Eye spy normie hangers in the back!

that’s like wrapping a wad of $1 bills with a $100 bill.
those are for my suits that I care less about aka non-yammy

edit: well that's not true, there's an Isurus short sleeve back there :toilet: truth is I didn't wanna spring for the 3rd bougie hanger :ROFLMAO:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
:roflmao:

Your argument rests on the dialogue in a Canadian sitcom? Probably written by some broad in Toronto? I think Montreal was the last team from Syrupstan to win the Stanley Cup. Meanwhile the State of Florida has so many you can get them at the Flea Market in Ocala.

• Haha
Reactions: stringcheese

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
:roflmao:

Your argument rests on the dialogue in a Canadian sitcom? Probably written by some broad in Toronto? I think Montreal was the last team from Syrupstan to win the Stanley Cup. Meanwhile the State of Florida has so many you can get them at the Flea Market in Ocala.

No ships in your harbor huh? Can’t buy a slip for mine, everything from canoes to battleships taking up all the space.
Maybe march madness is more your style?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
No ships in your harbor huh? Can’t buy a slip for mine, everything from canoes to battleships taking up all the space.
Maybe march madness is more your style?
Look all I know is you brought up an Ontario sitcom. At least if it was BC or Quebec it might be kind of cool. But Ontario? What is their claim to fame? Not as Alabama as Alberta, more work than Newfoundland, hotter chicks than Labrador? Their third largest city isn't named Yellowknife, Moosejaw, Bearschlong, or Medicine Jar?

Reactions: Havoc

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
those are for my suits that I care less about aka non-yammy

edit: well that's not true, there's an Isurus short sleeve back there :toilet: truth is I didn't wanna spring for the 3rd bougie hanger :ROFLMAO:
I dry my suits on a plastic saw horse then hang them up away from UV. I sometimes bust out the dehumidifier if things arent going to dry before the next surf. I guess normie hangers may be ok for off-season storage.

Do you address UV? Looks like those are your day-hangers, what about deep storage for the short sleeve?

fwiw, $2.60/ea, bootie juice hangers, too!

1705433811974.png

Reactions: tedshred5

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I dry my suits on a plastic saw horse then hang them up away from UV. I sometimes bust out the dehumidifier if things arent going to dry before the next surf. I guess normie hangers may be ok for off-season storage.

Do you address UV? Looks like those are your day-hangers, what about deep storage for the short sleeve?

fwiw, $2.60/ea, bootie juice hangers, too!

View attachment 170665
Nah don’t address for UV, I just keep em all hanging in the garage. What I have is a 4/3, 3/2, 2mm short sleeve, and a wetsuit top.
That hanger looks like it’ll do the trick and much more economical too… doh

Reactions: sdsrfr

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
don’t have to worry about uv or hanger creasing if you just toss them in your trunk and move on with your life until the next morning

Reactions: Hdip

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
@oeste858 do you have both Isurus zippered and zipperless?

curious why zipperless is so much less. Their 2mm full is tempting compared to feral.
Yeah. I have both in 2mil. I got the the zippered one first from a local semi-pro who gets free suits from them. Like I said, IMO noticeable difference in range of motion / ease of paddling. YMMV
if anything, I would guess it’s just a simpler suit to construct.

Reactions: sdsrfr