The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Shoulder width is very tight on my 4/3 hyperfreak fire+ to the point I only wear it when I’ll need the extra warmth. Way more effort to paddle than it should be.

Never had an issue with the many psycho1 suits I had over the years prior.
i have that one too, the shoulders loosened up. Now they feel perfect, whereas all my other suits get worn through and stretched there pretty quickly

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Anyone on here have any feedback on the custom suits (7 till 8, Moon, Cyber etc)? Wondering if they are worth the extra $ or just stick with Feral/Colby+

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Anyone on here have any feedback on the custom suits (7 till 8, Moon, Cyber etc)? Wondering if they are worth the extra $ or just stick with Feral/Colby+
I suggest reading the last 20 or so pages. We like this topic and welcome the renewed interest.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Update on the crooked 4/3 LT. I'm 6'1" 170lbs. The fit is pretty nice, but I do feel the overlapping layers across my shoulder blades. Other than I like it. A key loop would be nice. I was sweating today in Ventura. I've been warm on cold water and windy days in Oxtura. Nice suit.

I sent in an old suit and got the $50 credit on a new suit. It takes a week or so to get the credit code. Since I like this one, I'm going to send another old suit in to be recycled just in case I need another suit later.

Reactions: jkb and Aruka

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Anybody tried an O'Neill Blueprint? Curious how their limestone neoprene measures up compared to Yama

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
What do we think of wetsuit shampoo? Waste of money?

Do they make the material softer or just get rid of smell?
Never really engaged in the practice but see merit at the end of a season before storing for a few months.

I wonder if it would help with the crusty feeling first time you put them on after a few months in storage. I always feel like I’m gonna tear off a chunk of neoprene putting it on

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Never really engaged in the practice but see merit at the end of a season before storing for a few months.

I wonder if it would help with the crusty feeling first time you put them on after a few months in storage. I always feel like I’m gonna tear off a chunk of neoprene putting it on
That's kinda what I'm getting at. last two seasons I've done a good wash with my winter suits and store them in a trash bag once dry. No idea if it helped though. Still seemed a size smaller first time putting them on.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
What do we think of wetsuit shampoo? Waste of money?

Do they make the material softer or just get rid of smell?
Had to grab some Wifey's orders. Have an old 6 mil with liner that smells like a urinal and stinks up the bathroom.. This suit holds the stank so bad I have to soak it. Seems to be a little better than shampoo.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
shampoo works pretty well for the stank. thick suits in cold, damp climate take forever to dry. they can get pretty funky. especially the pissy booties.

dunno if it helps longevity or whatever. I could see it helping before a suit is stored long term.

i think i'm using the Oneill brand shampoo. every few sessions.

Reactions: silentbutdeadly