The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Neck on my psycho1 is shot. Does O’Neil still repair 4yr old suits?

Got a hyperdreak fire+ for $300 on Amazon. looks a lot like the psycho1 but maybe warmer bc of the chest panel.

Pleased to see out of season wetsuits finally on sale again.

Reactions: Aruka

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
Just Yolo'd a 3/2, 4/3 and 4/3 hooded for under $500
Have you received your suits yet?

I got the Rip Curl right away but as of yet haven't heard a peep from Buell. Trying to not to be the guy that emails and calls to check the status.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California

I got the Rip Curl right away but as of yet haven't heard a peep from Buell. Trying to not to be the guy that emails and calls to check the status.
I ordered a Buell for the kids on July 2 and it arrived a couple of days ago.

2 business days after placing my order they sent me a confirmation, then a shipping notification a couple days later, and then a delivery notification.

I would email them. Something might be up.

Reactions: SurfMission

tomminator123

OTF status
Dec 22, 2017

I ordered a suit and booties on the 3rd and haven’t received a confirmation email yet

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Super low prices on Da kine wetsuits at the warehouse, good chance to get a winter suit on the cheap.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System

I ordered and was confirmed on the 4th but have not received shipping confirmation yet. They prolly got slammed from the sale and had a bunch of people off last week. I would imagine there will be some catch up.

Reactions: jkb and SurfMission

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
They're not. The girl that does it in N County has a drop off box then you pick it up from the store the box is located in. Pretty slick and she did a great job on a tear in my old mutant.

Reactions: sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Thanks, bros!

This heat wave is sure to push us into trunks territory, time to fix up the old rubber that is worth keeping around.

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
Emailed, got a reply from AI:

Good afternoon xxxx.

We thank you for your patience while we are experiencing a Very high volume of emails at this time. We understand this response time is not ideal and are working diligently to get back to each customer as soon as possible. Due to the high volume of orders , we are experiencing shipping delays. We apologize for this inconvenience. You will receive a shipping notification as soon as your order has been fully processed.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kindly,

Brittney

Reactions: jkb and sushipop

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Hyperfreak fire 4/3+ is a lot of wetsuit, feels like I could surf Antarctica in it. And the soulders are really tight, plus with the seams and the blue/grey color it makes you look like a marvel character.
I haven't had mine on since the beginning of the year, 2mm hyperfreak is enough wetsuit for most any day on the central coast and sooo comfy. My favorite wetsuit ever. For reference though, I don't really get cold and I like comfortable suits.