The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
What are the favorite wetsuit tops? I have an old rip curl one that’s falling apart and will need to replace. Anyone try the yamato ones like feral, Isurus?
My hyperfreak long sleeve vest is nice very flexible not so worried about warmth with vest so yamato rubber would not make much difference. I am more worried about fit and I know o'neill, 'bong, and gucci fit me good.

Reactions: jkb and tcureton

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I don't think yamo tops would be worth the extra coin. The water is obviously warm enough that you're not too concerned with insulation if you're wearing just a top and personally, I don't mind putting on a semi-damp one, so the quicker drying aspect isn't a big selling point.

Coincidentally, I'll be grabbing an Isurus top in a day or two, but I'm getting hooked-up by them and probably won't have a chance to wear it until early June.
Hook a brutha up with Isurus sale code!

Reactions: sdsrfr and encladd

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Anyone try or even hear of hevea rubber wetsuits?
No. Not sure I believe the marketing and they don't mention where they're made. The taping looks like it's placed in two pretty bad locations for flexibility, right between your shoulder blades and across your upper chest.