The day surfing died in San Diego

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
Natives in LA are getting restless. My son said there were about 20 out at Topanga earlier. Wait for the lifeguards to pack up.

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
Hey, Del Mar is opening Thursday:

Go to Del Mar, it's the best ever! 15th st, secret reefs down a ways, go check it.

La Jolla opened on Monday, go to La Jolla! The jewel.

We are still missing Carlsbad, Solana Beach, and the biggest piece of the puzzle, the State parks.

Stay the phuck out of my neighborhood, spread out!

Last edited:
Reactions: JonnyAvenues

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
you never leave oceanside? if so good for you.

Otherwise, every winter we see hoards come down to surf the reefs and a certain beachbreak or two. Is what it is I guess.

Reactions: JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
People drive here from SD in the Summer. We return the favor a few months later. It’s how it goes.

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
you never leave oceanside? if so good for you.

Otherwise, every winter we see hoards come down to surf the reefs and a certain beachbreak or two. Is what it is I guess.
No, i don't travel to surf right now under these lockdown conditions.
Normally i would agree with you guys but these are not normal times.
I'll surf shitty C-grade breaks by my house and be happy for what i can get for now.

Reactions: JDJ

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I'll surf shitty C-grade breaks by my house and be happy for what i can get for now.
yeah I just mean in general. I surf all over, but generally only show up alone or with one person max.

But I get it. I am constantly mumbling in the grumpy voice "never seen these idiots before" lol

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
ENCINITAS, Calif. — A surfer suffered minor injuries Wednesday evening in a shark attack near Moonlight Beach.

The attack was reported about 5:45 p.m., Encinitas lifeguard Capt. Larry Giles said.

Medics took the victim, whose name and age were not immediately available, to Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas for treatment of minor injuries.

A two-mile stretch of shoreline in the area was temporarily closed as a precaution due to the incident, Giles said.

Moonlight Beach, which had been closed as part of local municipalities' efforts to fight the spread of the coronavirus, reopened Monday morning for limited activities -- including walking, running, swimming and surfing.

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Yeah, same here
I keep telling myself to go better spots but I just don't have the time

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
A north county lifeguard friend said rumor is just a overreaction to stingray. That would be classic if true. Who knows.