The Craigslist Thread

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
View attachment 148049Man, those quad rears are close to the stringer. Don’t remember mine looking like that, but it’s been awhile since I pulled it out of the rafters.
Kinda defeats the purpose of a quad when the trailing fin boxes are that far apart from the front fins? I thought the idea is that the front fins split the water and the rear fins share in the partial vacuum thats created by the wake of the front fins. Kinda like "slipstreaming" or "drafting" in Race cars.

With the quads that close it would have the same amount of drag as a center fin.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Kinda defeats the purpose of a quad when the trailing fin boxes are that far apart from the front fins? I thought the idea is that the front fins split the water and the rear fins share in the partial vacuum thats created by the wake of the front fins. Kinda like "slipstreaming" or "drafting" in Race cars.

With the quads that close it would have the same amount of drag as a center fin.
Kinda. More stable/drivey than rears out on the rail, but still a bit faster than a center fin. BB is meant for more bigger/powerful waves so Rusty probably prefers it more steady and you’re controlling the speed of the wave. Would be interesting to compare to quad rear on some of the HI/ Eddie guns.
R. quad rears seem to generally be further from the rail. Which I didn’t prefer on a quattro fish I had for average waves.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

McKee placement.

Look it up.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Kinda. More stable/drivey than rears out on the rail, but still a bit faster than a center fin. BB is meant for more bigger/powerful waves so Rusty probably prefers it more steady and you’re controlling the speed of the wave. Would be interesting to compare to quad rear on some of the HI/ Eddie guns.
R. quad rears seem to generally be further from the rail. Which I didn’t prefer on a quattro fish I had for average waves.
I always understood there were the two conventional quad placements and then there is the rusty placement as well.

rusty knows what rusty wants.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

Sounds more like twinzer theory your thinking of where quads just keep pivot "turn" on point rail instead of center yet allow more control then a twin wi5h more fin(s).