The Craigslist Thread

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Front traction on mid lengths coming to a beach near you summer 2022

View attachment 117186
I've seen a few R. long fishes around lately. some younger guys using them as crowd killers... and actually kinda ripping on them.

the only value I see is in oversized boards like a 6’6 Gremlin or a 6’0 tomo
During Covid crowds, I have to admit I've considered a oversized (like 6’6-10) Gremlin or AstroPop when I see them pop up used on CL, and wondered how they would go as a crowd killer.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: jkb

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Sold a few boards and was looking for something fun. The used board market is so inflated. Garbage boards for $150. Nice boards for $600+ there are very few deals These days it seems.

the only value I see is in oversized boards like a 6’6 Gremlin or a 6’0 tomo
That's funny to hear, because it's the opposite in Indo. The used market has fallen off a cliff in the last few months and you can't sell anything. It's great for buying stuff cheap, but if you've got a full quiver and want to make changes, you can't sell a board for what it's worth.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Reactions: silentbutdeadly

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I've seen a few R. long fishes around lately. some younger guys using them as crowd killers... and actually kinda ripping on them.

During Covid crowds, I have to admit I've considered a oversized (like 6’6-10) Gremlin or AstroPop when I see them pop up used on CL, and wondered how they would go as a crowd killer.
I don't know about the AstroPop but I don't advise getting an over sized Gremlin. I tried stretching one out slightly and it did not work out well.

If you're thinking of getting something bigger, especially if going custom, get something designed to be ridden in those lengths. Just my 2c.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I don't know about the AstroPop but I don't advise getting an over sized Gremlin. I tried stretching one out slightly and it did not work out well.

If you're thinking of getting something bigger, especially if going custom, get something designed to be ridden in those lengths. Just my 2c.
Yeah, agree. Wasn’t close to pulling a trigger just had the thought pop into my head when I would see one of the many used ones in the 6’4+ range- since I really like my gremlin as a groveler.
The Rusty and Josh Hall long quad fishes seem to work well around here.

Reactions: Aruka