The Corona Cuisine Thread

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Made meatballs (for the first time ever) for my kids to have with spaghetti. Added a couple of teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce to the ground beef and mixed with parmesan, garlic, egg and cheerios. I couldn't find breadcrumbs either so took normal cheerios and put them in the blender to sub for the breadcrumbs. Fried the meatballs. Family loved them, I was a hero for the night.
cheerios! My Italian grandmother would roll over in her grave but great audible!

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof and rts265

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Hooked up a BBQ Turkey and black bean bowl. Been waiting for this 100% Sangiovese Rose to debut. Amazing. I added a dusting of the spice blend to pair specifically with the wine. "Dark Symphony" Cocoa. Red Miso. Black Lava Salt. Vanilla Sugar. Coriander. Ginger. Cumin. Cayenne. Magic Dust for sure!FB_IMG_1587041951793.jpg

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Made meatballs (for the first time ever) for my kids to have with spaghetti. Added a couple of teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce to the ground beef and mixed with parmesan, garlic, egg and cheerios. I couldn't find breadcrumbs either so took normal cheerios and put them in the blender to sub for the breadcrumbs. Fried the meatballs. Family loved them, I was a hero for the night.
Honey Nut or Apple Cinnamon :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: cmogenic

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I go hot, about 450-475 deg and pull it when the meat thermometer reads around 160 (no timer), let it rest for about 15min. I think brining is key & like to stuff it w misc things before wrapping up and trussing.
brining is the sh!t for poultry....standard part of Thanksgiving turkey prep is brining.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
That's a brilliant idea. Yeah, who knew there'd be a run on fucking breadcrumbs. My meatballs tasted a little like matzoh ball seasoning the first day, but it all came together by day 2.

Reactions: cmogenic

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
That's a brilliant idea. Yeah, who knew there'd be a run on fucking breadcrumbs. My meatballs tasted a little like matzoh ball seasoning the first day, but it all came together by day 2.
I’m fortunate enough to have two friends who are very esteemed bakers. They used to do it commercially and made damn good bread but failed at running a business. The good news is they kept the commercial oven and are making limited runs. Every Saturday they text me once the bread is ready and I come leave a bottle of wine or bag of coffee at their door and take a sack of bread they leave for me.

178B8A1C-933B-4009-858A-448CDA5500F6.jpeg

Here’s a tuna melt I made with their bread...

FA56967E-43D7-4CCA-A9A2-40E990D86E89.jpeg

I now have the ends of 4 loaves that I’m going to throw in the blender and make bread crumbs with.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
View attachment 89438

Marinated seared blue fin, with roasted asparagus and salad ... and a couple of Jameson Black Labels. First time I seared tuna, it was amazing. I need to get better at catching tuna or make more friends who fish.
Is there a rule that we gotta use our own images? Cuz that ain't your image but dam dat looks good :p

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
GF just improvised some most excellent spam fried rice with the leftovers from yesterdays musubi and some produce we had lying around. We've gotten really good at making use of almost everything. We have two bags of vegetable trimmings and bones in the freezer that we add to daily and use for broth in the instant pot. We've always cooked reasonably well but we're still learning lots through this crisis. I know we have it better than most and don't take it for granted, but house arrest really isn't so bad.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
We need to give Skully/Frvcvs a Food Forum

The Frvcvs Foody Forum.

Somebody get me R32 on the line...

This is a perfectly civil, relevant and constructive thread. You're more than welcome to participate if you've got something to contribute. Otherwise the door to leave is on the left.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink and rice

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
This is a perfectly civil, relevant and constructive thread. You're more than welcome to participate if you've got something to contribute. Otherwise the door to leave is on the left.
:ROFLMAO:

I was trying to do something nice for you. Back to short fat and stupid jokes for you!

And tonight I will sup upon the perfect martini. Three to one vodka to vermouth, (martini glass in the freezer) combine in a stainless martini shaker, shake it until your hand can't take the cold anymore and pour into the frozen martini glass, over three blue cheese olives on a toothpick. Who am I kidding with the tonight sh!t? In ten minutes is more like it. The olives provide all the nutrition you need for enduring a hard day of quarantining.

And leave the moderators alone for Chris' sake.

:drowning:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Ralphs had Easter Prime Ribs on clearance on Monday so I bought one and am going to try making my first Prime Rib Roast ever tonight

Reactions: afoaf and $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Ralphs had Easter Prime Ribs on clearance on Monday so I bought one and am going to try making my first Prime Rib Roast ever tonight
Hope you got a good meat thermometer. If so you're golden. It's not rocket science. Thats a smart acquisition. I don't love prime rib, it's a banquet steak, but I'd eat the fvck out of one right now.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
For lunch I had off brand Top Ramen and a hard boiled egg. Reminds me of the first few months after I moved to SF from Oregon when I was making $9.75 an hour.

Dinner tonight is quiche that we picked up ($9.99) from the boutique market on Sunday.

And I get a beer for desert.

Woo, living it up!