The Biggest Single Tab Keel Fins

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I want to know more about inside foil and twins - keel and upright alike.

I always assumed you either had 50/50 and zero toe or flat with toe pointed to the nose.

does that mean adding inside foil is like adding toe? what else changes? more acceleration at the sake of top speed?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Why u need such big keels? You back on the deadlift program, thunderthighs?
Wide tail won't hook up and haul ass? Washes when pushed on when it should result in projection when pushed on? I yolo'd a slightly larger Bean Bag like a year and a half ago, futures so GG G10 twin tabs a no-go, and I kept stepping up keels until - I think it was Havoc - pointed me in the direction of the NVS Large Stampy keels, which work great. Although having to have cutaways on fins larger than the futures base is lame and I haven't sorted out the spot where hum is coming from.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Anyone tried C drive twins in a twin fish? Or the NVS Convertible ono twins that are swept back 3/4 inches further than normal?

1682342666731.jpeg

1682342687260.jpeg

HSY

OTF status
Aug 15, 2011
Wide tail won't hook up and haul ass? Washes when pushed on when it should result in projection when pushed on? I yolo'd a slightly larger Bean Bag like a year and a half ago, futures so GG G10 twin tabs a no-go, and I kept stepping up keels until - I think it was Havoc - pointed me in the direction of the NVS Large Stampy keels, which work great. Although having to have cutaways on fins larger than the futures base is lame and I haven't sorted out the spot where hum is coming from.
you try big quads in it? my friend occasionally breaks out his slightly oversized bean-bag during longboard only conditions and he runs the lost versions of the futures controllers in them. That set-up goes great in that board.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
you try big quads in it? my friend occasionally breaks out his slightly oversized bean-bag during longboard only conditions and he runs the lost versions of the futures controllers in them. That set-up goes great in that board.
It sort of is a big quad because unless it's tiny I usually have little side bites as quad rears. I tried the wood-look controllers in an RV and a Futures Bean Bag and it still had way more washing out than I wanted. Went to the Rastovich keels and it was a little better but not good, then settled on the Stamps.

My first one was FCS and when I got it, the first couple surfs was with the HI quad set. It was okay but more pivot and less drive than I wanted.

Reactions: HSY

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
1700442784399.png

mind fin box blown.

kinda want to try them on my stamps keel

• Wow
Reactions: Homie