The best pizza?

buttholesurfer

Duke status
Dec 20, 2002
RatBeach
Dam!That sounds great for dinner tonight!!!!!!!!Pizza and wings!!!!!!Now just gotta think about the right spot too go!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friends are the heart of your soul.

Reactions: tacos

johnxyz

OTF status
Feb 25, 2004
East Coast
A heads up for all Ventura County/North LA erBB Pizza aficionados. Denino's from Staten Island recently opened a location in Thousand Oaks. Denino's was my neighborhood pizzeria where I grew up in Staten Island and is the gold standard for traditional East Coast style pizza. THE BEST pizza... argument ends here. Those that know, know and as soon as we get a tropical swell that lights up Mugu, I will be taking a road trip North from San Diego for the combo surf/pizza strike.

Ate at a Denino's pizza shop in Middlesex County, NJ and was not impressed. To be fair I haven't been to the original location in S.I. which does have good reviews.

Frank Pepe Apizza in New Haven is the best west of Naples. But have to eat at the original - the various Franke Pepe's outside of the New Haven store are terrible - just doesn't travel. No way the Denino's in LA can be remotely similar to the S.I. store - sorry.

johnxyz

OTF status
Feb 25, 2004
East Coast
Ok, we had amazing pizza. Our foodie friend from new york recommended this place in Florence. 9 eud for a margherita. The crust was the softest. Fluffy and cooked perfectly. My son said it's the best food he's ever had.
This. One of the reasons why you travel to Italy (besides the amazing history) - Naples has the best pizza but Rome, Florence, the entire country has just the most delicious food.

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
Ate at a Denino's pizza shop in Middlesex County, NJ and was not impressed. To be fair I haven't been to the original location in S.I. which does have good reviews.

Frank Pepe Apizza in New Haven is the best west of Naples. But have to eat at the original - the various Franke Pepe's outside of the New Haven store are terrible - just doesn't travel. No way the Denino's in LA can be remotely similar to the S.I. store - sorry.
You ate at "Denino's Pizza Place", not the original "Deninos". That shop is a cheap knockoff and not part of the original Denino's chain, no affiliation. Try the real Denino's then get back to us.
Screenshot_20230829-053938.png