The Atlantic is a joke

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Sweetie-pie on the trail:

Photo take from here:

But obviously more fun on top of Angels Landing:

Remember to hang 10 once on top:

I'm thinking about heading over there for Thanksgiving to see if I can get a permit for Escalante Route

I think I'd need crampons for the sections at the rim.

Reactions: Ifallalot

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Seriously. I have 6 different tasty strains and my biggest dilemma is which one to pack. Probably paid a couple hundred for all of it lol

if you even got a bong hit of white widow or garlic in New York in 95 you were stocked, no matter what it cost
90s New York was all about White Widow, Sour Diesel and ChemDawg. Every now and then UK cheese would come around.

Reactions: Subway

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
The 10,000-year story of human civilization is mostly the story of things not getting better: diseases not being cured, freedoms not being extended, truths not being transmitted, technology not delivering on its promises. Progress is our escape from the status quo of suffering, our ejection seat from history—it is the less common story of how our inventions and institutions reduce disease, poverty, pain, and violence while expanding freedom, happiness, and empowerment.
It’s a story that has almost ground to a halt in the United States.

Reactions: Subway

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Musk was once the darling of the left and has been a life long democrat but suddenly he buys Twitter and takes a stand for traditional liberalism and The Atlantic brands him as a "Far Right Activist". You can't make this sh!t up folks!!!!!

I love how it's totally inconceivable to you that people would be able to change their minds when presented with new information

classic fcking NordBot

beep bloop darp

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.

State budgets in the era of the New Peace make for far more hopeful reading material than any pacifist tract ever composed. In the early 21st century, the average government expenditure on the military has been only 6.5 percent, and even the United States, the dominant superpower, has spent only about 11 percent to maintain its supremacy. Because people no longer lived in terror of external invasion, governments could invest far more money in health care, welfare, and education than in the military. Average expenditure on health care, for example, has been 10.5 percent of the government budget, or about 1.6 times the defense budget. For many people today, the fact that the health-care budget is bigger than the military budget is unremarkable. But if we take the New Peace for granted and therefore neglect it, we will soon lose it.

Until recently, the military was the expected No. 1 item on the budget of every empire, sultanate, kingdom, and republic. Governments spent little on health care and education, because most of their resources went to paying soldiers, constructing walls, and building warships. The Roman Empire spent about 50 to 75 percent of its budget on the military; the figure was about 80 percent in the Sung Empire (960–1279); and about 60 percent in the late-17th-century Ottoman Empire. From 1685 to 1813, the share of the military in British government expenditure never fell below 55 percent and averaged 75 percent. During the great conflicts of the 20th century, democracies and totalitarian regimes alike plunged into debt to finance their machine guns, tanks, and submarines. When we fear that the neighbors might at any moment invade, loot our cities, enslave our people, and annex our land, that’s the reasonable thing to do.

Last edited:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
YOU WILL OWN NOTHING AND BE HAPPY

“, but for others, particularly young, middle-income and low-income families as well as Black people,”
Look how the author singles out black people regardless of their income. So much racism among the “woke” left.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
“, but for others, particularly young, middle-income and low-income families as well as Black people,”
Look how the author singles out black people regardless of their income. So much racism among the “woke” left.
White people don't want to live by rich blacks.

I wouldn't care but I'm a cool jew.

As long as they didn't play their rap real loud.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.

The point of education is to produce not just pliant cogs but thinking citizens with knowledge of the rich and expansive ways to be human. That is genuine freedom.

Reactions: hammies