TENORE

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
How does a paid endorsement bring credibility to anything?
Endorsements are an extension of the Placebo Effect - and a powerful one.

Michael Jordan has been retired from basketball for a decade or more. He has committed indiscretions in his personal and business affairs, yet his reputation as a winner is such that the Jordan brand makes millions for Nike each fiscal year.

Lisa Andersen is no longer a contemporary-level surfer, but her legacy of singular and remarkable accomplishments will have the same effect at Tenore.

Tom Curren's presence at Rip Curl has the same effect - legends sell products.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I could never wear a shirt with Tenore across it - no disrespect to Pat. It's the same reason why I never bought Hurley gear.
Why would I wear something with someone else's name on it? The one thing Hurley had was the )( logo, which looked good on the nose of a board. What is Pat going to do for a logo - have a big T?

How many ex rvca riders end up on Tenore?
Have there been any Alex Knost sightings lately?

Reactions: manjushri

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017
I could never wear a shirt with Tenore across it - no disrespect to Pat. It's the same reason why I never bought Hurley gear.
Why would I wear something with someone else's name on it? The one thing Hurley had was the )( logo, which looked good on the nose of a board. What is Pat going to do for a logo - have a big T?

How many ex rvca riders end up on Tenore?
Have there been any Alex Knost sightings lately?
Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 4.28.41 PM.png

No Tenore stickers yet.

• Haha
Reactions: Chocki

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Endorsements are an extension of the Placebo Effect - and a powerful one.

Michael Jordan has been retired from basketball for a decade or more. He has committed indiscretions in his personal and business affairs, yet his reputation as a winner is such that the Jordan brand makes millions for Nike each fiscal year.

Lisa Andersen is no longer a contemporary-level surfer, but her legacy of singular and remarkable accomplishments will have the same effect at Tenore.

Tom Curren's presence at Rip Curl has the same effect - legends sell products.
Uh, no.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Is it because of their age that they're uh, not selling things, (irrelevant)? Is that what it is? Personally I'm old enough to know I don't like buying things. I don't know why I'm even on this (expletive edit)Tenore thread whatever that is, so uh, right. Legends are stupid. Except Tom Curren, Maybe Lisa Anderson, and Michael Jordan? Good GOD man, he doesn't even surf yet AFAIK... But I'd say he's marketable still, if only for what they did to the Shoe Bling Groupie World back in the day.
Screenshot_20240324-023043.png

Last edited:

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
Is it because of their age that they're uh, not selling things, (irrelevant)? Is that what it is? Personally I'm old enough to know I don't like buying things. I don't know why I'm even on this (expletive edit)Tenore thread whatever that is, so uh, right. Legends are stupid. Except Tom Curren, Maybe Lisa Anderson, and Michael Jordan? Good GOD man, he doesn't even surf yet AFAIK... But I'd say he's marketable still, if only for what they did to the Shoe Bling Groupie World back in the day.
View attachment 176023
Yes, that's what I said.

Endorsements are an extension of the Placebo Effect and a powerful one.

Excellence goes beyond merely good and Genius hits a mark no one else can see.

Like Michael Jordan, Lisa Andersen and Tom Curren.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Easy to chit on Knost but he’s one of the coolest “pro” surfers. Down to earth and not what I expected. He used to show up early to RVCA/Vans events and sign stuff or take photos with kids and stay after it ended too. Smoke a fatty or share beers with the retail shop peeps and bro down with the buyers. Few are like that.

It’s probably why he was sponsored as long as he was.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I've never heard of Tenore. My shirts and jackets are mostly RVCA, Brixton and Rhythm. I gave up on pants from surf brand companies. I get my pants from Perk so it doesnt look like I have a load in my droopy drawers. I have had 2 girls slap or grab my ass out a bar. One was a complete stranger. Drunk AF. I saw her looking at me while I was playing pool. She walked by and grabbed my ass cheek and said damn you have a great ass and just kept walking to the bathroom. Smiled as she walked by again.

Mr Pecker

OTF status
Nov 6, 2021
I love all of these brands when they are washed up and end up at Target and Ross at 15% of the original cost. I was getting great Airwalks at Target for a while for 17$ bucks. But then they started making them with ultra thin soles so I moved on.

Reactions: Boneroni