Teachers seem mature and well adjusted.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Here's how to find sane women:

My wife has all these except vegan. Aside from college education, her friends are all tattooed, irreligious, obese, childless vaxx-cuck wine-aunts on a bunch of mind-melting anxiety/depression meds. One of them teaches. She's bonkers.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Jesus tells his followers not to judge others. He says that if we do judge others, we will be judged ourselves. “Do not judge, so that you will not be judged. For with the judgment you make you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get.” (Matthew 7:1-2)

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Here's how to find sane women:

My wife has all these except vegan. Aside from college education, her friends are all tattooed, irreligious, obese, childless vaxx-cuck wine-aunts on a bunch of mind-melting anxiety/depression meds. One of them teaches. She's bonkers.
Religious vegans are more sane?
I mean, the rest of them seem like characteristics of stable people who make meaningful long term commitments
But totally blows credibility with the religious vegan thing
In my humble opinion
Sanity, in this context, may mean different things to different people

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Religious vegans are more sane?
I mean, the rest of them seem like characteristics of stable people who make meaningful long term commitments
But totally blows credibility with the religious vegan thing
In my humble opinion
Sanity, in this context, may mean different things to different people
Check the source of PRCD's analysis.

Reactions: PRCD and afoaf

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Check the source of PRCD's analysis.
Seems like you're taking this personally when I'm not here to dunk on guys like you. That said, you didn't actually check it. Don't lie. Also, go and learn what this term means: "correlate."

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

always read the comments, the original post is bullshit as expected....

What you can see is that the BIGGEST effects, which were left off the first graph, are for state-of-residence and for "Had a recent very positive change in household finances." Notes on this: Geography is weird. With 51 geographic units, you're almost fated to get a sig effect
So once we've stepped away from "Random geographic noise" and "Getting fired sucks," what are we left with? Well, basically we've got four significant effects: marriage, exercise, religion, and welfare.
So they're statistically significant associations which are robust to the consideration of various controls. But are they causal? Well, obviously no to a first glance. People could totally sort into these categories based on wellbeing!
This all suggests that religion really is a mental health protective thing. WHICH OF COURSE IT IS. There's absolutely no way the social institution of religion could possibly have survived if it did not provide some kind of social benefit!
So I don't think anybody doubts that *romantic partnership* might be mental-health-improving. If by chance somebody falls in love with you, it's probably decently good for your mental health.
so, in the end, PRCD posted up a garbage analysis that not only fails to demonstrate causality, it actually goes so far as to trip over it's own dick trying to deliver a message that comports with the messenger's world view (Luthern kook)

the guy who made his name as the resident covid statistician whisperer.....

lol

Reactions: mundus

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It's funny because I tell my students that I would act differently around them if their parents were around.

For example, I wouldn't cuss in front of the parent and the kid because I know it embarrasses parents when you cuss around their kids.

But with their parents gone, I'm gonna cuss like a motherfooker.

You don't want the parents watching because you want the kids to start individuating.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Gestapo is the government looking at YOU. THE PEOPLE watching their government is not.
So it's a roving camera that just focuses on the teacher and blackboard with no students shown whatsoever?

Believe it or not, teachers are people. You'd have so much more of a fun time having the cameras and other functions where government officials are present. NRA meetings, Mar-a-Lago, Pelican Bay (hi GWS!), MJT's crossfit gym, etc.

I bet you don't settle in with C-SPAN every day to watch your government truly in action. And if you did, now you're going to watch that school footage all day every day?

Actually, come to think of it, maybe this IS a good idea as parents can re-enact Billy Madison and repeat each grade but on zoom. We might become a more intelligent country. For instance, think how great another round through 5th grade would be for you. :trout:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
So it's a roving camera that just focuses on the teacher and blackboard with no students shown whatsoever?

Believe it or not, teachers are people. You'd have so much more of a fun time having the cameras and other functions where government officials are present. NRA meetings, Mar-a-Lago, Pelican Bay (hi GWS!), MJT's crossfit gym, etc.

I bet you don't settle in with C-SPAN every day to watch your government truly in action. And if you did, now you're going to watch that school footage all day every day?

Actually, come to think of it, maybe this IS a good idea as parents can re-enact Billy Madison and repeat each grade but on zoom. We might become a more intelligent country. For instance, think how great another round through 5th grade would be for you. :trout:
Those teachers are our employees as taxpayers. Those kids are ours. You better believe it should be the right of the parents to use technology to see what is going on in their child's classroom.

• Dislike
Reactions: mundus and afoaf