Swing and a Missed, Sandman

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Could you sale the boat up to the Ranch of the channel island?
Yes, he can sail the boat up to the Ranch (Cojo point is the best anchorage, watch for Cojo reef to the south) or the Channel Islands. He's probably going to have to tack in order to make it under sail however. Either that or power up wind.

Love the sandals.

Last edited:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You can buy a sailboat for the price of a new surfboard and if you are handy, it needn't cost much to fix it up.
For sure. I’d own one if I really wanted to but it doesn’t make sense for me at this time in my life. The storage/slip would be the biggest expense and I wouldn’t get enough usage to justify it.

10 years from now absolutely.

But you can't do it if you're shitposting about transgenders from your sales cubicle every day.
:roflmao: Havent reported to an office in almost 10 years :beer:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Yes, he can sail the boat up to the Ranch (Cojo point is the best anchorage, watch for Cojo reef to the south) or the Channel Islands. He's probably going to have to tack in order to make it under sail however. Either that or power up wind.

Love the sandals.
That's in the plans, but I need to upgrade my anchor to a Rocna or some such, I don't think I'd sleep well on anchor with leeshore, with the Delta I have right now. It hasn't dragged yet but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

BTW, everytime I look at the forecast for Channel Islands, it looks like this. Finding a weather window is tougher than I thought. I guess I will need to suck it up and install the third reef in the mainsail.

1659389604325.png

Leave my Birkenstocks alone!
My wellness expert girl-friend keeps telling me that flip flops are bad for your feet because you have to grip them with your toes when you walk. So to appease her, I bought a pair of plastic Birks and I kinda like them if I have to walk the distance. The best part is that you can wear them in winter with socks :poop:
No gay code.

Last edited:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Actually I skipped quite a few days, you were just too busy arguing with others that you haven't noticed.
You haven’t skipped a single day since July 20-21, and you’ve been averaging 20 posts a day since

:roflmao:
Why are you such a compulsive liar :unsure:

Maybe if you make your sales quota, you can retire on a shitty old sailboat like me one day.

Keep the dream alive.
I’ll be living off my investments long before your current age :beer:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
For sure. I’d own one if I really wanted to but it doesn’t make sense for me at this time in my life. The storage/slip would be the biggest expense and I wouldn’t get enough usage to justify it.

10 years from now absolutely.

:roflmao: Havent reported to an office in almost 10 years :beer:
Buy it now and save yourself the regrets later.
If you are serious about it.

When people complain about how expensive boat upkeep is, they are almost always the people who don't enjoy their boats, or not very often.

I say it's 100% worth it. It's everything I was hoping for and more.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Buy it now and save yourself the regrets later.
If you are serious about it.

When people complain about how expensive boat upkeep is, they are almost always the people who don't enjoy their boats, or not very often.

I say it's 100% worth it. It's everything I was hoping for and more.
Like i said the amount of usage I could get out of it for the next 5 years wouldnt justify the cost. I don’t have enough time off to sail it to where I would want to use it, which aint places like here where it’s too cold to swim off of.

For now I’m better off investing that money into properties and withdrawing/cashing out for a boat when I can get more use out of it. I’ll get there :beer:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
That's in the plans, but I need to upgrade my anchor to a Rocna or some such, I don't think I'd sleep well on anchor with leeshore, with the Delta I have right now. It hasn't dragged yet but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

BTW, everytime I look at the forecast for Channel Islands, it looks like this. Finding a weather window is tougher than I thought. I guess I will need to suck it up and install the third reef in the mainsail.

View attachment 135067

Leave my Birkenstocks alone!
My wellness expert girl-friend keeps telling me that flip flops are bad for your feet because you have to grip them with your toes when you walk. So to appease her, I bought a pair of plastic Birks and I kinda like them if I have to walk the distance. The best part is that you can wear them in winter with socks :poop:
No gay code.
Where are you docking your boat?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Where are you docking your boat?
Currently staying in guest slips and anchorages.
Didn't find a permanent home for her yet.
The slip availability is non-existent in SD.
There's a 4 year waiting list in Oceanside.
The only place with available slips is Chula Vista because nobody wants to spend 1-2 hours to just get to the open ocean. Plus you have to navigate the narrow channel to get in and out because CV bay is so shallow.

I will be taking her to Ensenada for a bottom paint in the fall and who knows, I may just keep sailing South from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: grapedrink

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
amazing that you’ve pulled off daily posting for 10 consecutive days in those conditions :beer:

Sounds like you’re doing it wrong.

Paid troll, out! :beer:
What ten days? :roflmao:

What happened to your "proof" link? :poke:

You don't even know when I was away. You are a terrible stalker.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Currently staying in guest slips and anchorages.
Didn't find a permanent home for her yet.
The slip availability is non-existent in SD.
There's a 4 year waiting list in Oceanside.
The only place with available slips is Chula Vista because nobody wants to spend 1-2 hours to just get to the open ocean. Plus you have to navigate the narrow channel to get in and out because CV bay is so shallow.

I will be taking her to Ensenada for a bottom paint in the fall and who knows, I may just keep sailing South from there.
My friend is number 4 on the list for his fishing boat at oceanside. I don't know how long that will take. I told him we should go sink some boats.

Can you trailer that thing? I can't tell from the picture