Swimming, anyone? (UPDATE!) (UPDATE #2!)

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I heard they take testosterone suppression drugs.
Doesn't matter - my understanding is it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to eliminate even advantageous historical factors involved in a biological male's muscular development.

There are likely other factors involved in this too, from a standpoint of skeletal structure for instance.

Not sure how factors such as hemoglobin would be effected.

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
The solution to all this seems simple like. Change the categories from Men/Women to Male/Female. Your gender expression can be whatever you want in that case. If you're some sort of in between person with a half dozen sex chromosomes or whatever we've got the special Olympics for you.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Doesn't matter - my understanding is it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to eliminate even advantageous historical factors involved in a biological male's muscular development.

There are likely other factors involved in this too, from a standpoint of skeletal structure for instance.

Not sure how factors such as hemoglobin would be effected.
On that final example of a lie, the one about transwomen in girls’ sports, I want you to think for a moment about a young woman here at Princeton. She’s a magnificent athlete named Ellie Marquardt, an all-American swimmer who set an Ivy League record in the 500-meter freestyle event as a freshman. Just before Thanksgiving, Ellie was defeated in the 500-meter, the event she held the record in, by almost 14 seconds by a 22 year old biological male at Penn who was competing on the men’s team as recently as November of 2019. That male athlete now holds multiple U.S. records in women’s swimming, erasing the hard work of so many of our best female athletes, and making a mockery of the rights women fought for generations to achieve.

Ellie Marquart swam her heart out for Princeton. When will Princeton fight for her? Where are the student protests to say—enough is enough. When a biological male who has enjoyed the full benefits of male puberty—larger cardiovascular system, 40% more upper body muscle mass, more fast-twitch muscle fiber, more oxygenated blood—decides after three seasons on the men’s team to compete as a woman and smashes the records of the top female swimmers in this country, that is not valor—that’s vandalism.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Bullnutts

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 14, 2004
Hawai'i
So when women can go and compete against men on their tours, like the PGA, etc., they think it's fair and their right to do that, but when men or transgender compete on their tours and the women get dusted then they cry about it. BS. suck it Buttercup.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Looking to buy some fins and swim in the shallows

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Our transgender formerly male swimmer has been bested....by another transgender formerly male swimmer!

The stories write themselves!

I've heard, from a former NCAA athlete close to the story, that the chickens are very restless about this, prompting the Ivy League and Penn to release statements of unwavering support, seen here:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I am all for trans having equal rights. Last I checked its not a right to play pro sports.

I would love to play pro basketball but I cant cause I am not tall enough.
If you were born with a penis and want to play womens sports, guess what you cant and its not a fuckign right.

Reactions: npsp