Surfings' Olympic Debut

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
is JJF healed? Andino? Will Kelly find a way?
What about the venue? Cyclone swell or f l a t n e ss.....
Go Carissa too!

:jamon::jamon::jamon:
Yes, both JJF and Kolohe are healed and ready. I just saw Kolohe at church on Sunday and he's pumped and now on his way. We were out at dinner last night celebrating my son's 16th birthday and ran into JJF at the restaurant. My kids and two nieces waited for him to be done with his dinner and then asked him if they could take a picture with him. He was very gracious and is also super stocked to be healed up and ready to go surf in the Olympics. He and his mom were so humble and nice when talking with the kids and seem like genuinely good people. Stocked to meet them!

Best of luck JJF and team USA! :shaka::jamon:

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
Daily Surf Report of Enoshima:

Can get good during Typhoon season, and it's already been kinda active there. Not gonna be the Olympic surfing site, but you get the idea. Growing the sport? Look at the crowds on a thigh-high day. That really grinded my gears surfing there. But food, culture, environment is excellent. Don't miss the crowds, but miss just about everything else.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Yes, both JJF and Kolohe are healed and ready. I just saw Kolohe at church on Sunday and he's pumped and now on his way. We were out at dinner last night celebrating my son's 16th birthday and ran into JJF at the restaurant. My kids and two nieces waited for him to be done with his dinner and then asked him if they could take a picture with him. He was very gracious and is also super stocked to be healed up and ready to go surf in the Olympics. He and his mom were so humble and nice when talking with the kids and seem like genuinely good people. Stocked to meet them!

Best of luck JJF and team USA! :shaka::jamon:
Occy, pump, hossegor Beach break flashback (one legged full suit)

Reactions: rowjimmytour

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
Torami Beach, Chiba - just up the beach from the contest area at Shida.

Not a mushburger or small-wave fest, when there is swell

gettyimages-669217160-170667a.jpg

Reactions: Waterlogged05

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
I'm a little ticked off that half the Japanese Olympic Surf Team are Americans claiming to be dual citizenship. Japan does not allow dual citizenship pass the age of 22, both Kanoa Igarashi and Mahina Maeda are 23. That means they had to stand before a Japanese official and renounce their American citizenship. It's not that easy to give up American citizenship and the U.S. Government just looks the other way.
& I thought jjf was hawaiian