i cant believe people still smoke
even if u have a nicotine adiction, theres better options

smoking makes less sense than:
1710432392677.jpeg

Reactions: john4surf

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I find it hilarious that people who vape say they quit smoking and its safer than cigarettes.

Reactions: Mr Doof

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
We're all going to ignore the fact this is really about people's desire to stick something long and round in their mouths?

Everyone I see that vapes looks pathetic af. Worse than smokers look and I didn't think that was possible. Vapers seem more addicted to vaping than smokers to cigs, clutching their vape tube thing like their fucking life depended on it. It's hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
I looked for that and could not find it. I did find this, hidden in a link, in very, very fine print-

“Please be advised that this information frequently relies on data obtained from many sources, and accordingly, EWG cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided or any analysis based thereon.”

I also could not find a single link to a scientific study.
I wasn't going to comment on this thread but like a moth to flame.... Outfits like EGW operate on creating fear to sell you a bogus product.
Do not trust any figures unless they come from an AWWA accredited testing lab. In addition to their internal testing, all utilities are required to send samples to an AWWA accredited third party testing lab for verification. If any samples tested in either the plant lab or third party lab register outside of allowable limits, the lab has to report it to local and state agencies. State to state, YMMV.

Britta is just an activated carbon filter. All it does is strip the organics out of the water. For household use, it is mainly removing the bad taste from the residual disinfectant (primarily chlorine or chloramine) that is required by law to be present at your tap.
90% of all bottled water sold in the US is just tap water run through an activated carbon filter then blasted with UV or ozone to disinfect prior to bottling. Total scam.

Black

OTF status
Jan 1, 2015
UK
The thing I used to like about smoking was that you were partaking in a fire ritual like some kind of shaman. You strike a phosphorous incandescent mini explosive stick or add spark to gas and boom - suck deep into your body the transforming plant-smoke. Your body sucks out all the alchemical goodness and then you release it in great dancing rings upon rings or billows of clouds cavorting in a visual description of chaos theory you can cut with a knife.

Vaping by comparison: An electric gadget creating fake smoke - no thanks!

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
College, took a 'health' class to meet those GE requirements. Professor was quirky as fuck but kind of funny too. He shocked everyone first day of class.

He starts lecturing and then asks if anyone is a smoker? A few kids raise their hands. Professor then said he encourages smokers to smoke non-stop. Said he wants every smoker to smoke 24/7, as many packs as they can, every waking hour. Don't stop. And when they start to feel sick, keep going.

Said they were going to die a miserable death anyway, so why not just get it over with and save tax payers money, save hospitals the time in dealing with your smoking related illnesses, save your family from heartache of a long drag out health decline, save your kids and loved ones from ever breathing your nasty clothes and air, and save everyone a lot money in the long run because you'll die faster.

Class was stunned and it was fucking hilarious how uncomfortable everyone was. :roflmao: :applause2:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Britta is just an activated carbon filter. All it does is strip the organics out of the water. For household use, it is mainly removing the bad taste from the residual disinfectant (primarily chlorine or chloramine) that is required by law to be present at your tap.
90% of all bottled water sold in the US is just tap water run through an activated carbon filter then blasted with UV or ozone to disinfect prior to bottling. Total scam.
Now I'm confused and thinking I contributed to diarrhea and/or kidney stones. I thought those filters removed particles but not bacteria. I don't understand organics in the one sentence and then disinfectant removal in the next. I am assuming organics means living sh!t like bacteria?

LarryTate

Nep status
May 7, 2012
Kelly Slater’s political hero and close personal friend says drinking tap water will turn you gay.

“A lot of the problems we see in kids, particularly boys, it’s probably underappreciated how much of that is coming from chemical exposures, including a lot of sexual dysphoria that we’re seeing,” the scion of the Kennedy political dynasty said during an interview with Canadian psychologist and ring-wing pundit Jordan Peterson.

“I mean, they’re swimming through a soup of toxic chemicals today, and many of those are endocrine disruptors,” Kennedy said, adding, “there’s Atrazine throughout our water supply, and atrazine, by the way, if you, in a lab, put Atrazine in a tank full of frogs, it will chemically castrate and forcibly feminize every frog in there and 10% of the frogs, the male frogs, will turn into fully viable females able to produce viable eggs.”

“If it’s doing that to frogs,” he said, “there’s a lot of other evidence that it’s doing it to human beings as well.”

Correlation does not necessarily equal causation. The desire to put your junk in a wood chipper though appears to have increased dramatically over the years. Maybe it's a mixture of our water and social media :shrug:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot and sh3

Black

OTF status
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Causation does not necessarily equal correlation. The desire to put your junk in a wood chipper though appears to have increased dramatically over the years. Maybe it's a mixture of our water and social media :shrug:
Erm don't you mean correlation doesn't equal causation?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Kelly Slater’s political hero and close personal friend says drinking tap water will turn you gay.

The commie hippies were right!

PS
Sorry for the Dr Strangelove vids today...what can I say, dear old dad loved the Cold War stuff, and thus me living under the threat of nuclear annihilation since birth, have come to embrace the gallows humor embodied in said movie.

PPS

College, took a 'health' class to meet those GE requirements. Professor was quirky as fuck but kind of funny too. He shocked everyone first day of class.

He starts lecturing and then asks if anyone is a smoker? A few kids raise their hands. Professor then said he encourages smokers to smoke non-stop. Said he wants every smoker to smoke 24/7, as many packs as they can, every waking hour. Don't stop. And when they start to feel sick, keep going.

Said they were going to die a miserable death anyway, so why not just get it over with and save tax payers money, save hospitals the time in dealing with your smoking related illnesses, save your family from heartache of a long drag out health decline, save your kids and loved ones from ever breathing your nasty clothes and air, and save everyone a lot money in the long run because you'll die faster.

Class was stunned and it was fucking hilarious how uncomfortable everyone was. :roflmao: :applause2:
Reminds me of my o-chem professor.

Except his intro was "Margarine or butter?"

Which turned in to "Choose margarine for cancer, butter for cardio-vascular disease."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: r32 and npsp

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Now I'm confused and thinking I contributed to diarrhea and/or kidney stones. I thought those filters removed particles but not bacteria. I don't understand organics in the one sentence and then disinfectant removal in the next. I am assuming organics means living sh!t like bacteria?
Not sure what the minimum particulate size a Britta will filter out, but that is not its intended use. Its intended use is to absorb/filter carbon containing compounds like chlorine (a.k.a. organics) out of the water passing through it. That is why they need to be changed periodically. Most PFAS treatment systems being deployed are basically giant Britta Filters

FYI, they are a great host for bacteria.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Not sure what the minimum particulate size a Britta will filter out, but that is not its intended use. Its intended use is to absorb/filter carbon containing compounds like chlorine (a.k.a. organics) out of the water passing through it. That is why they need to be changed periodically. Most PFAS treatment systems being deployed are basically giant Britta Filters

FYI, they are a great host for bacteria.
Everyone on here needs to grab their passport and I'll take them to some real bad tap water.

Reactions: npsp