Student COVID vax mandate in CA

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
That has literally nothing to do with Muscles' point

Why do you hate science?
It’s literally everything to do with it because Muscles said that vaccinating his kids helps others - in which he’s not interested.

I presented science that nobody wanted to touch with a 6’ barge poll, including you and Muscles.

He literally took 6 words out of the whole thing because they mildly support his point and ignored the rest.

If you choose not to vaccinate your kids, that’s perfectly fine, if I had young kids I’d probably have the same dillema, though I would never pull them out of school.

But let’s not pretend that vaccine benefits don’t exist and that what you’re doing is not anti-social.

Since you are a scientist, please give us a reason why would anybody not get vaccinated, apart from “because government told me to do so” temper tantrum.

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
View attachment 117142
High post innoculation deaths? Even if the self reported info in VAERS is accurate it amounts to .0018% of doses. Now who's irrationally scared ?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
High post innoculation deaths? Even if the self reported info in VAERS is accurate it amounts to .0018% of doses. Now who's irrationally scared ?

Not to mention his "science" doesn't take into account the spread of the virus or the infection rates, only deaths.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The healthy people need to take one for the team.

The problem is they are are at with a "what's in it for me?" attitude.

It really is a collusion of frames.

We're fucked.

Reactions: tacos

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Talking to some people this weekend, it seems like the governor is going to leave this up to the school districts to enforce, but most will enforce it because the teachers are scared. The teachers' vaccines don't work unless the students are vaccinated, you see. Local bureaucracies will probably hound students with mask requirements until they comply, but even then things won't get better. See Harvard and Stanford which are completely vaccinated and they're still closing schools and meeting online whenever test positivity creeps up. You can mint more "cases" simply by doing more testing.

The private schools will probably ignore this, but then should expect harassment by local health bureaucracies whenever kids or parents test positive. This will happen whether parents and kids are vaccinated or not. Look at Israel which is working on its 4th shot/second booster in a year.

Whether this policy sticks depends mostly on whether Latinos tolerate it, and they will. They don't care what goes on at schools as long as kids are supervised for the day. The rest of the state doesn't care because children have decline as a share of the population over the past 30 years. It's a state of white Peter Pans and the Latinos that do the work. Both are apathetic towards safetyism.
That last paragraph is a doozy. You should expect some well deserved incoming. :shameonyou:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Whether this policy sticks depends mostly on whether Latinos tolerate it, and they will. They don't care what goes on at schools as long as kids are supervised for the day.
When I was a teacher most of my students were college-bound Latinos. Met many of their families, went to Quinces, etc. Trust me, you're wrong on this.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I'll get some "incoming" from white Peter Pans. I'm hoping the Latinos prove me wrong, pick up the phone, and raise hell about all this but I don't think they care or they are much weaker than the teacher's unions. This has been progressing for 10 years while Latinos have been gaining demographic strength in schools, and they've done nothing:

Also, I think most eligible Latino kids are already vaccinated, hence they're fine with this. The governor has war-gamed this thoroughly.

This state has better bennies that Mexico and the things pushed at CA public schools are tolerable to them. If they care, they reliably show up to vote for the same thing every time.
Now do asians then work your way through the rest of the racial/ethnic groups.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit