Stocked to be surfing again!

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
a few problems with that...

never learnt how to operate a motorbike... riders die like flies here in São Paulo, so I plan to keep it that way.
View attachment 111167

Also, it's nearly a 2 hour drive, 75mph limit roads... nokandui. This is what I'm dealing with for every single session (still fucking worth it)...
View attachment 111168

But seriously, my credit card bill for May just arrived... I will have to tone it down a little and be more selective... gonna have to chip in with my savings this month, no goodo. At least I'm actually improving quite a lot (and to think that I basically had to learn how to surf all over again a little over 6 months ago).
Priorities are backa$$ward brukuns :foreheadslap: You need to walk to surf and commute to work:shaka:

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Also, it's nearly a 2 hour drive, 75mph limit roads... nokandui. This is what I'm dealing with for every single session (still fucking worth it)...
are the waves that much better in Iporanga? seems like you could save a bit of time going south instead

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
are the waves that much better in Iporanga? seems like you could save a bit of time going south instead
I surf in São Pedro (right by Iporanga, which has no waves at all).

The waves area bit better but the thing is the crowds... my other option is to surf at the City of Guarujá proper (and I do a lot of the time), as crowded as it gets

São Pedro is a gated community and the gates are closed to the public before 7am, so I get to surf with barely any crowds because my buddy owns a house in Iporanga (Iporanga, São Pedro and Tijucopava are all connected).

Reactions: Aruka

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I surf in São Pedro (right by Iporanga, which has no waves at all).

The waves area bit better but the thing is the crowds... my other option is to surf at the City of Guarujá proper (and I do a lot of the time), as crowded as it gets

São Pedro is a gated community and the gates are closed to the public before 7am, so I get to surf with barely any crowds because my buddy owns a house in Iporanga (Iporanga, São Pedro and Tijucopava are all connected).
i see, wouldn't want to surf around a bunch of other brazzos either :roflmao:
best to drive the extra hour for less frustration in the water

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
i see, wouldn't want to surf around a bunch of other brazzos either :roflmao:
best to drive the extra hour for less frustration in the water
Just to be clear, "as crowded as it gets" in any place in Brazil is a tiny fraction of the less crowded day ever at any of the relatively known SoCal spots between SD and SB (not to mention Santa Cruz). You guys know what I'm talking about.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
a few problems with that...

never learnt how to operate a motorbike... riders die like flies here in São Paulo, so I plan to keep it that way.
View attachment 111167

View attachment 111168

But seriously, my credit card bill for May just arrived... I will have to tone it down a little and be more selective... gonna have to chip in with my savings this month, no goodo. At least I'm actually improving quite a lot (and to think that I basically had to learn how to surf all over again a little over 6 months ago).
This map suggests a water route to the beach. Do you have a dugout canoe and and outboard made out of a string cutter engine? Some of the portages admittedly look difficult and probably through crime-prone areas.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
This map suggests a water route to the beach. Do you have a dugout canoe and and outboard made out of a string cutter engine? Some of the portages admittedly look difficult and probably through crime-prone areas.
:socrazy:

Shoots! Surely he can swing from some vines to get thru those parts!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey:

Actually had a college roommate, never left the state of NY before college, ask me how we got across the island, when I told him I did high school in P.R.... "did you use vines to swing, like Tarzan? Or have to walk thru the jungle with machetes, like Bogart in African Queen?".

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey:

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Fuck yeah baby.

Still a total kook, but with all these photographers lately I've actually been able to see the main things I'm doing wrong positioning wise and sloooooooowly improving upon it. Tried to open up more on this one. Not there yet, but getting a bit better after every surf.

Sorry photographer, you were pushing it with the price charging double compared to the others... I would have bought it otherwise.

fuck-yeah-baby.jpg