Sterling Spencer yelp for help

theramrod

Nep status
Nov 14, 2014
N Cackalaki
I have to say I agree with many things already stated in this thread.
-Super sad video. I had the feeling I was watching someone's goodbye to the world video. I really hope that's not the case.
-Not of fan of airing this stuff out online, although I get it he's always been in the spotlight and brain injuries alter the way one thinks.
-Wife and sister, HOT DAMN! I'd recall seeing her fappening stuff when it was leaked. Didnt realize it was his sister at the time.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Gnarly thread. I have had so many concussions, I think I am still somewhat (arguably) normal.
I often wonder if I will get CTE, good morning ponderings :bricks:

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
Didn't Sterling receive cracks from Laird awhile back for a skit he did of him while burning him somewhere? Contributing factor, false cracks = CTE?

• Haha
Reactions: santacruzin

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I never thought about duck-diving and hitting water as possible causes of acceleration injuries. I mean we're not moving that fast most of the time. Over the course of a lifetime, yeah, I could see these adding up.

Reactions: ZZ Soft Top

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Didn't Sterling receive cracks from Laird awhile back for a skit he did of him while burning him somewhere? Contributing factor, false cracks = CTE?
I think it was Jeremy Flores for the skit with the kid on the beach looking for an autograph at J-Bay

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
I never thought about duck-diving and hitting water as possible causes of acceleration injuries. I mean we're not moving that fast most of the time. Over the course of a lifetime, yeah, I could see these adding up.
Turns out CTE is most prevalent with smaller, continuous hits to the head. They're finding that headers in soccer are a major contributor. I imagine that duck dives and head cracking wipe outs definitely cause some damage.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Turns out CTE is most prevalent with smaller, continuous hits to the head. They're finding that headers in soccer are a major contributor. I imagine that duck dives and head cracking wipe outs definitely cause some damage.
I don’t think duck dives do,. bad head first wipe outs yes, duck dives no.
holding your head up paddling or extended periods of time is worse than duck dives if you have had head/neck/spinal issues.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
I wrote an article awhile back for Popular Mechanics mag. This scientist had developed a way to test how shockwaves affect the brain. I go to this live fire range, and they have a dummy human body basically made of thick gelatin. Inside the head of the dummy the scientist had embedded stalks of live celery that had been slurping up dye laden water. They then set off explosives within progressively closer distances of the dummy. On the high speed camera you could see the shockwave from the explosion radiating outward and through the dummy. When we looked at the before/after results it was fairly shocking. The gelatin 'bodies' didn't look like they'd been affected at all. But when you looked under the microscope at the celery, the vessels were just burst all over the place with dye leaking everywhere. The scientist was like, well, an IED goes off nearby, this is what's happening to a Marine's brain. I can't help but think that the shockwave from a big wave detonating underwater would be similar to a high explosive - or an actual depth charge. Couple that with being dropped from 30 feet up at 50 mph, and well, the results probably speak for themselves.