Sprinter Van Owners

Buoy_maker

OTF status
Feb 20, 2017
Will sell, $85k.

Want a unimog to drive to the tip of Patagonia. Wife isn't into the idea. She wants to go to Iceland to see the aurora borealis. Renting a Defender 110 would be awesome.

On the way to Alaska, the Canadians were making fun that we still have to insert the chip and sign. Everything there is touch your card to the screen. How are we so far behind? Aren't Visa/MC 'Murican?
0858B515-618D-4BC1-830B-6667AAFA97FF.jpeg

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
what's the gas mileage on that thing? How many gallons does it carry?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Pretty much everywhere in coastal areas.

My favorites are the ones in the Encinitas area. Super hardcore, built to plunge deep into Baja for weeks, with big knobby tires and not a scratch or nick on the paint.

Pro tip: I don't know anyone who owns one that can actually afford it. I'm sensing future buying opportunities.

Tell us about all your ventures into deep Baja, we’ll be waiting.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I had the Southern Cone (South America) as one of my regions before I retired. I sadly waited to long to make the move to ride my BMW 1200GSA on Ruta 40 from Bolivia to Ushuaia, Patagonia in Argentina. Most of the route is along the base of the Andes Mountain chain. The road is good to excellent by South American standards. Depending on your kids ages, the ride can be kid friendy. I visited a number of the cities in auto/vans when working (Mendoza has possibly the best wine in South America, Ushuaia possibly the best cold water sea food on the planet although Chile may argue that point). The people are very friendly to foreigners the crime rates were not that bad although you don’t want to spend too much time in Bolivia and you can catch a plane out of Argentina in Buenos Aires after the Ushuaia visit.

View attachment 97790
I know a South Korean who did this in a Honda. He saved about $82k right off the bat over a sprinter.

Reactions: john4surf and afoaf

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I recently saw a breakdown on this and the data did not comport with the claim

I think this urban flight thing is just a story that drives clicks
Nyc is once again the nations most congested city

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
H1 humvee wagons are looking like a good deal in comparison. Turbo diesel, no upgrades needed for offroad, about the same size as a Ford F150, but you don't have as much head room as a sprinter. I did see an awesome LMTV surf expedition out at princeton jetty parking lot a few weeks ago. https://www.outsideonline.com/2245956/we-bought-military-truck-so-you-dont-have
something I would never do, but makes for a coolgood read. Like HGTV for guys. I’m invested into plenty of other adventures and ideas. And we have the JGC limited with camping gear inside or out. I can’t fathom putting that much effort and cash into a thing like that