Spot the lie

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I’m glad that we had this discussion
It’s important for all of us so that we can come to an agreement that capitalism at its purist will filter all of the wealth an opportunity to a smaller and smaller group of people and the only way around that is through wealth redistribution and entitlement programs that favor the underprivileged

It’s conversations like this that give me honor for the future and pride that the erbb is leading our way there
I am 100% down with progressive taxation. Sadly, it's been going the other way for the last few decades.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
I’m glad that we had this discussion
It’s important for all of us so that we can come to an agreement that capitalism at its purist will filter all of the wealth an opportunity to a smaller and smaller group of people and the only way around that is through wealth redistribution and entitlement programs that favor the underprivileged

It’s conversations like this that give me honor for the future and pride that the erbb is leading our way there
The pandemic nearly distroyed capitalism. Government handouts are not the answer.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Maybe the machinery is expensive and requires retrofitting and/or changing the flow of the kitchen, so for the moment it's cheaper to keep paying people. We already have order kiosks at McDs and those are becoming more common. There are vending machine/kiosks that make espresso machines and even burgers. Japan is light years ahead with all of this stuff. We simply don't need people to handle simple transactions and basic tasks. With newer locations you will start to see more and more of this kind of stuff.
Japan has a low min wage so this example doesn't seem to bolster your argument that increased min wages drive automation.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Japan has a low min wage so this example doesn't seem to bolster your argument that increased min wages drive automation.
Comparing our country to Japan n any way is a waste of time.

First of all, Japan is full of Japanese people. Completely different culturally than we are.

There is near zero ”diversity“ in Japan no matter how you define it.

Japan has essentially no military - therefore no military budget concerns and no military tech secrets.

Japan is an island nation with a total population of two Californias.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Comparing our country to Japan n any way is a waste of time.

First of all, Japan is full of Japanese people. Completely different culturally than we are.

There is near zero ”diversity“ in Japan no matter how you define it.

Japan has essentially no military - therefore no military budget concerns and no military tech secrets.

Japan is an island nation with a total population of two Californias.
Ok. Grape brought up Japan so I was just responding. Thanks for letting me know that Japan is an island though.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Congrats on continuing to miss the point. My point is that the technology is here and continuing to improve, it's really just a matter of affordability and how the machinery fits into the production chain.

Japan has a low birth rate and strict immigration laws, which would easily explain why they are short on labor, which would lead to more reliance on vending machines. If anything, those factors make the market price of labor even higher than the minimum, making machines more affordable. Thanks for making my point for me! :beer:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Ok. Grape brought up Japan so I was just responding. Thanks for letting me know that Japan is an island though.
Well, I was responding to both of you. Grape brought up japan to prove a point. You used what he said to prove the opposite point.

My point is that Grape’s point is neither proven nor disproven.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
It’s really weird here. I thought the liberal/leftist mindset would celebrate a guy who was dealt some shitty hands in life but made something of himself. I thought the leftist mindset was to cheer on the “little guy”. I am that little guy they claim to be so compassionate about yet when I tell my story I get nothing but hate.
This is as cliché as your response to “TEDtard”. Why not speak honestly? What have you got to lose?

Can you give an honest critique of the OP video?