Spot the lie

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Congrats on continuing to miss the point. My point is that the technology is here and continuing to improve, it's really just a matter of affordability and how the machinery fits into the production chain.

Japan has a low birth rate and strict immigration laws, which would easily explain why they are short on labor, which would lead to more reliance on vending machines. If anything, those factors make the market price of labor even higher than the minimum, making machines more affordable. Thanks for making my point for me! :beer:
So, it is demographics and immigration policy and tech improvements and affordability and not just the government setting wages.

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Have you ever asked yourself how your life would’ve been if you hadn’t had all that adversity?
did you have an answer for yourself?
Addiction is a choice.
Maybe he wouldn't have become an alki but for some reason he choose it. (more power to Duffy for choosing the path out of it)

It’s really weird here. I thought the liberal/leftist mindset would celebrate a guy who was dealt some shitty hands in life but made something of himself. I thought the leftist mindset was to cheer on the “little guy”. I am that little guy they claim to be so compassionate about yet when I tell my story I get nothing but hate.
Wanting people to do well in the face of adversity isn't a religious or political left/right/center thing, it is what we all want. Why choose to see the world this way?

I grew up in Santa Barbara. Can’t throw a rock without hitting a trust fund baby that is a complete fuck up.
Not location specific. Trust fund and regular people can be complete fuck-ups.

Last edited:
Reactions: afoaf