So what now? erBB's ?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Would it be possible to start your own message board, sell ads, and from the revenue buy Asian hookers and coke?

That seems like a good idea to me.

Reactions: PJ

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
for sure. i hadn't even checked it, until a buddy who literally lives 25 minutes from here texted me "did you surf this morning?" and i said "no, i argued with my wife for a little while then worked out and turned on my computer for our weekly zoom call. Why?" and then i saw it kind of firing and it kind of was! pretty crowded but not nearly to the same extent as the aforementioned tropical swells

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Phugg... Been posting since pre registration before I left California in '99.
Invited any and all of you freaks to come visit, Gaspar, New Jersey exchange student learning Spanish in Madrid, made it out while I was in Madrid. He toured out to Portugal on a surfing road trip. Then once down here, who remembers Dane Hockey? The North Carolina skateboarder who came out to visit to learn to surf.

Invite still stands, though my 86 year old mom now occupies our guest apartment, so garden shack only. But we're still hanging on out here for as long as we can.

Peas,
9'4''

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
for sure. i hadn't even checked it, until a buddy who literally lives 25 minutes from here texted me "did you surf this morning?" and i said "no, i argued with my wife for a little while then worked out and turned on my computer for our weekly zoom call. Why?" and then i saw it kind of firing and it kind of was! pretty crowded but not nearly to the same extent as the aforementioned tropical swells
Dude, you live down the street
A perfect cool down take a breath step away time out distance to diffuse a fight
Check the surf
I didn’t
While you were getting barreled I was having a swab shoved up my nose for my very first covid test

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Dude, you live down the street
A perfect cool down take a breath step away time out distance to diffuse a fight
Check the surf
I didn’t
While you were getting barreled I was having a swab shoved up my nose for my very first covid test
you can't even care for your goldfish and you want to offer marriage advice?? Next thing i know you'll want to be my latex salesman!!! :cursing::):shaka:

j/k, i'm sure the latex will be fine. But how was the covid test?

• Haha
Reactions: Boneroni

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
No marriage advice from me!
any excuse to walk down the street and check the surf is a good thing!
Covid test made my eyes water

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Justin Housman's send off....

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
I thought hot yoga teachers never argued, got pms, or ever had a hair out if place

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA

so far this one sucks but u can at least post pics, unlike reddit
i'll try to make it work, but if someone else wants to create a free forum, where we can post pics, theres a million links to do so on google
maybe bookmark this for emergency in case this one goes down
This will work for sure. Might take some time to work the kinks out, but it's good and will keep this "community" together if the actual SurferMag erBB DOES go down.....

Keep it simple.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
This will work for sure. Might take some time to work the kinks out, but it's good and will keep this "community" together if the actual SurferMag erBB DOES go down.....

Keep it simple.
Moderate the negative comments daily = 30 minutes top
Invite the Instagram Surboard Industry posters to share = 5- 10 Minutes of thier time
Creating the best content and it will grow Way beyond whats here today -

LogHauler

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 29, 2010
Surfer magazine lost my subscription WAY before the internet. I did not like paying to be fed advertising. Even the so-called articles and photos were ads. Pro surfers "posing" on waves to show off their logos. F that! The internet actually saved me from paying to view ads. I am happy to pay a small fee for ad-free streaming content.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Easy to start.

Much harder to gain users/followers these days for a forum, than most people realize.

And you have to manage it. Domain and webhosting cost money.

And good luck to whoever moderates. You'll find out quickly how hard it is to maintain order. Good luck dealing with 1000's of spam bot registrations and posts, hacker attacks on your weak security, etc.

After about 6 months of grinding, you'll come to realize it's a huge waste of your time and that you're never going to make a dime on it, nor will you even achieve a 100 regular users. You'll be frustrated, you will stop maintaining it, the forum will die a quick death, and you will have realized you wasted a ton of your time when you could have been doing something more fun like surfing, reading, watching movies, or spending time with friends and family.
mmmm...no offense, but disorder is what makes this place interesting. You should try to just let the pace go a few weeks with no moderators and watch the fireworks.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I'll miss the days of Drew Kampion and Craig Peterrson and Kevin Naughton....Jeff Divine photography...people who surf....