So how big's it gonna get Wed/Thurs/Fri on west coast?

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
So where am I supposed to surf tomorrow?

Rincon?
Rosebud Pt aka Publisher's Bay?
Andy's Moles?

Lots of people in the water today loudly blabbering cool-guy style they were driving up to Santa Barbara tonite.

The type of guys that look they need to be punched in the face.

I guess Duffy will have company.

There are a few places with fun surf right now, if you can get on it now, it may be you last moment of peace for the next 72hrs:toilet:
Cove? Lil Makaha? Couple other LJ outer reefs could mebbe handle it.

Reactions: sdsrfr and npsp

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site

Rincon?
Andy's Moles?

Lots of people in the water today loudly blabbering cool-guy style they were driving up to Santa Barbara tonite.

There are a few places with fun surf right now, if you can get on it now, it may be you last moment of peace for the next 72hrs:toilet:
There may be enough push to wrap around Pt. Loma. Lot's of little nooks and crannies that could be firing off with only a few boaters that know what's up. Be a bitch paddle from the few shore accessible launch areas but could be worth it. If you know where it is, the Devils Slide could be all time.

Reactions: JDJ

Slabsplease

OTF status
Mar 5, 2015
We will be hoping for the best in the morning here in SD and just want opportunity versus mayhem due to surge/destruction/tide/etc. I think the fact it's peaking late tonight/overnight works in our favor, and feel it will shape up in an eventual fashion. Stay safe, have fun.

South side of a particular pier somewhere in the OC may be ALL TIME (or not).

Reactions: Ifallalot

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Any reports from SF? I'd love to see pics of the Potato Patch on a swell like this.

Friend #1 sent me this from the Beach....point of view is looking south along the sea wall....goopy brown foamy water is moving south after flowing up and hitting the wall. Not a safe morning to walk on the Beach:
1672960041508.jpeg

Yeah, an underwhelming photo.......but when you think about water hitting the sea wall when there is usually a fair bit of sand between the wall and the ocean.....

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
There may be enough push to wrap around Pt. Loma. Lot's of little nooks and crannies that could be firing off with only a few boaters that know what's up. Be a bitch paddle from the few shore accessible launch areas but could be worth it. If you know where it is, the Devils Slide could be all time.
Do you mean RALPHS! :D

Reactions: encladd

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
Swell is so hyped I heard that @Truth is flying back just to surf Blacks tomorrow.

Rincon?
Andy's Moles?

I'm pulling a Kenny Powers tomorrow at Molina's!

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W

Rincon?
Andy's Moles?

Stay local. Ponto.

Reactions: Joshua2415

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W

Rincon?
Andy's Moles?

Or El Porto. Right now the paddle out looks NorCal style. But you might find a few ends. Bring your 6-3 step up.

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 4.18.17 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 4.20.20 PM.png

Reactions: tacos and keenfish

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
^^^Does the water still fizz and stink there?^^^
Only place I ever surfed that made me sick, threw up back at the car while changing:barf:
That looks like a whole lot of hurt for nothing.