So how big's it gonna get Wed/Thurs/Fri on west coast?

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
The boatyard was completely destroyed, the harbor entrance was rendered un-navigable for quite some time, the Biltmore pier got erased, the whole works.
View attachment 145824
I was there and watched the Biltmore Pier go down. I was taking photos of the mayhem. Boulders were being thrown up over the breakwall and onto the street and the street was flooded.
A bunch of those big Cypress trees (or whatever they are) were down in front of the hotel. It was a wild scene all around.

When I went to get the film developed I discovered that in my haste I had forgotten to load the film in the camera. :foreheadslap: :loser: :toilet:

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
Well this is new. Ventura now has a new cobblestone reef just North of the rivermouth. There were a few idiots bobbing around in the sewage out there and not one made the take off.
The second picture is of a Ca. Kingsnake that I rescued off the bike path. Another idiot was poking it with a stick so I carried it to a safer location.IMG_3382.jpgIMG_3380.jpg

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I braved the poo poo and went to this little known semi secret spot. There were waist to shoulder high waves and only 6 other guys out. Very fun. Stocked! :jamon: It was a welcome relief from the beat downs the past two weeks.

I also got some garden decoration while there.

Oh, and Mother Nature finally had her say- the breech is at Third. :cheers: Hope they leave it there.

IMG_7374 2.JPG

IMG_7376 2.JPG

Attachments

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
23 second period starting to hit up here. Packed the car for surf after work, but the only surfable spot may or may not be chocolate milk with giant washthrough sets. Should I go?!

I got a few the other night on the low around the corner.
Where you headed?

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
Well this is new. Ventura now has a new cobblestone reef just North of the rivermouth. There were a few idiots bobbing around in the sewage out there and not one made the take off.
The second picture is of a Ca. Kingsnake that I rescued off the bike path. Another idiot was poking it with a stick so I carried it to a safer location.View attachment 145833View attachment 145832
all the sand has washed away, leaving rocks up there. only saw that during the super low tides after the star bar event.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Getting the waist measurement in there. Such a weird flex. :roflmao:
6' 1" 212
LOL, I gots a 34 size pants too. It means not fat ass lard butt rockin the 44's

It also mean tapered shirts if you need to buy that kind of stuff

Sorry one-off, I marked your normal lineup on "big" and "normal" days. LOL your avatar is way out of frame
1673578735729.png

Attachments

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
6' 1" 212
LOL, I gots a 34 size pants too. It means not fat ass lard butt rockin the 44's

It also mean tapered shirts if you need to buy that kind of stuff

Sorry one-off, I marked your normal lineup on "big" and "normal" days. LOL your avatar is way out of frame
View attachment 145873
A few sets these past weeks were breaking at least where the main wave is breaking. And the bigger it got the more dominant the left was. The right channel would close out especially if the tide dropped. Some of the biggest ones had a right on them and I would sit way outside hoping for those.

Never seen a left going towards ski jump like that. That photo is insane.