Slater Designs Great White Twin

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I wonder if Turd Ferguson collaborated on the design? For sure he was in on the decision to release that vid
Strangely, I have some respect for the honestly for whomever green-lit that video. I don't know whether I would have, if it was me.

* Take everything I say on this subject with a pinch of salt, I might be viewing it through sh!t-tinted glasses*

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
I think you can often tell how a board goes by this rule:

Quantity of board model "x" in the lineup
vs
Quantity of board model "x" on gumtree (or equivalent)

Never seen one in the wild, but there's a few on gumtree at the moment. Draw your own conclusions.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018

vs

Never seen one in the wild, but there's a few on gumtree at the moment. Draw your own conclusions.
3 people from my local beachie ( including me) have all ditched theirs after less than 5 sessions.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

vs

So the Hypto Krypto is the best and worst board of all time?

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
Still plenty of hyptos here in the home of Haydenshapes (Syd NB).

Agreed that they are mostly a board for "late adopters" - I bet Hayden doesn't care how core the board is; the $$$$ is definitely working for him based on the house he owns and the car he drives.

Reactions: sh3

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
There’s one guy I’ve seen in La Jolla that surfs a hypto well. All the rest are average surfers or beginner, kooky surfers.
Armchair quarterback time.
Look, I'm old and will be the first to admit past my prime so not going to impress anyone with my surfing (if I ever did...LOL Yeah...Nah!) but almost every time I watch the You tube vids of good So Cal swell I would say there will often only be a few that surf well (regardless of board brand) and "All the rest are average surfers or beginner, kooky surfers."
Obviously my erBB'er brethren were surfing elsewhere.
:bricks:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Haha. I was just going to tag you on this.

Hard to tell if wooly doesn’t know how to surfs a twin fin or if the board just wasn’t working?