Skydive Lodi Parachute Center

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Hooked up with a chick on match back in 2010 who was getting into it, I think by then she had done a few dozen jumps out of Lompoc. Ended up becoming an instructor.

Lost contact with her, then in 2015 I saw that she died in a plane crash in Puerto Vallarta :toilet:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
chatGPT utterly failed at writing a humorous version of this song where the singer is literally stuck in the ground in lodi because they jumped out of a plane and the parachute failed to open
From Copilot (Microsoft's AI)

You
write a humorous version of Lodi song by Creedence Clearwater Revival about a guy being stuck in Lodi because his parachute did not open

Copilot

Certainly! Here’s a lighthearted twist on the classic “Lodi” by Creedence Clearwater Revival, inspired by your request:
(To the tune of “Lodi”)

(Verse 1) Well, I was jumpin’ out of planes, oh so high, With my parachute strapped on, reachin’ for the sky. But fate had other plans, it seems, My chute didn’t open, shattered all my dreams.

(Chorus) Oh, stuck in Lodi again, Just a skydiver with no luck to defend. I’ve got my ripped jumpsuit and a bruised behind, Lodi, Lodi, won’t you be kind?

(Verse 2) The wind whistled past, my heart skipped a beat, As I plummeted down, my life flashing on repeat. I thought, “This ain’t how I planned my day, Guess I’ll be hangin’ out in Lodi, come what may.”

(Chorus) Oh, stuck in Lodi again, No golden parachute, just a bruised shin. The locals stare as I land in the square, Lodi, Lodi, do you even care?

(Bridge) I tried to hitch a ride on a tractor or two, But they all drove off, leaving me feeling blue. The vineyards mocked me, the grapes whispered, “Hey, You’re the only fruit falling from the sky today!”

(Chorus) Oh, stuck in Lodi again, My parachute’s a souvenir, my pride’s in the bin. I’ll sip some wine and nurse my pride, Lodi, Lodi, take me for a wild ride.

(Outro) So here I am, grounded in this little town, Where the jukebox plays CCR, and the sun goes down. If you see me at the local bar, raise a glass, To the guy who fell from the sky, and landed in Lodi at last.

Disclaimer: No parachutes were harmed in the making of this song.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
From Copilot (Microsoft's AI)

You
write a humorous version of Lodi song by Creedence Clearwater Revival about a guy being stuck in Lodi because his parachute did not open

Copilot

Certainly! Here’s a lighthearted twist on the classic “Lodi” by Creedence Clearwater Revival, inspired by your request:
(To the tune of “Lodi”)

(Verse 1) Well, I was jumpin’ out of planes, oh so high, With my parachute strapped on, reachin’ for the sky. But fate had other plans, it seems, My chute didn’t open, shattered all my dreams.

(Chorus) Oh, stuck in Lodi again, Just a skydiver with no luck to defend. I’ve got my ripped jumpsuit and a bruised behind, Lodi, Lodi, won’t you be kind?

(Verse 2) The wind whistled past, my heart skipped a beat, As I plummeted down, my life flashing on repeat. I thought, “This ain’t how I planned my day, Guess I’ll be hangin’ out in Lodi, come what may.”

(Chorus) Oh, stuck in Lodi again, No golden parachute, just a bruised shin. The locals stare as I land in the square, Lodi, Lodi, do you even care?

(Bridge) I tried to hitch a ride on a tractor or two, But they all drove off, leaving me feeling blue. The vineyards mocked me, the grapes whispered, “Hey, You’re the only fruit falling from the sky today!”

(Chorus) Oh, stuck in Lodi again, My parachute’s a souvenir, my pride’s in the bin. I’ll sip some wine and nurse my pride, Lodi, Lodi, take me for a wild ride.

(Outro) So here I am, grounded in this little town, Where the jukebox plays CCR, and the sun goes down. If you see me at the local bar, raise a glass, To the guy who fell from the sky, and landed in Lodi at last.

Disclaimer: No parachutes were harmed in the making of this song.
did copilot author the disclaimer? because that is indeed straight up funny.

Mr Pecker

OTF status
Nov 6, 2021
1712102364995.png

So 26 deaths from that jump center since 1985- some 40 years. Thousands and thousands have jumped from there over those 40 years. Those odds are not really that bad- that is .5 deaths a year, for a sport with kind of assumed risk.

National record below from USPA

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Never jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

An old friend who was a very talented photographer from germany - i called him Dieter Sprocket and when he found out what that meant he actually punched me in the face - went skydiving once, quit photography and got into skydiving full time. Became an instructor.

Ended up dying in a BASE jumping accident.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Never jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

An old friend who was a very talented photographer from germany - i called him Dieter Sprocket and when he found out what that meant he actually punched me in the face - went skydiving once, quit photography and got into skydiving full time. Became an instructor.

Ended up dying in a BASE jumping accident.
There was a website early 2000's called Extreme Base that was a site that posted videos of their base jumping missions. I used to follow it and one by one they all died "doing what they love". All except Jeb Corliss who has had many close calls along the way. Fuck around and find out seems to hold some merit here.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Ngl if they’d told me I was gonna be jumping strapped to the Donger I’d have shined on the operation pronto.

“was paired with Yong Kwon, a 25-year-old who had moved from South Korea two months earlier and spoke very little English”

Nothing personal, done the same if it was any sketch foreigner.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
well, at least u can stop stalking her now :)
It was in a facebook post I swear :roflmao:

Crazy when people die doing what you would think was the safest part of a dangerous sport. Reminds me of Anatoli Boukriev (sic?), the Russian mountaineer who was on Everest during the "Into Thin Air" debacle who died when a bus went off a cliff en route between the 8000 meter peaks he was bagging :toilet:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
View attachment 176942

So 26 deaths from that jump center since 1985- some 40 years. Thousands and thousands have jumped from there over those 40 years. Those odds are not really that bad- that is .5 deaths a year, for a sport with kind of assumed risk.

National record below from USPA
Only 1 death every 2 years . . . Totally reassuring

Reminds me of the Ozzie miner joke: "There's only a 7% chance of the mine collapsing!"
:roflmao:

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
It was in a facebook post I swear :roflmao:

Crazy when people die doing what you would think was the safest part of a dangerous sport. Reminds me of Anatoli Boukriev (sic?), the Russian mountaineer who was on Everest during the "Into Thin Air" debacle who died when a bus went off a cliff en route between the 8000 meter peaks he was bagging :toilet:
I’ve skydived once
with my 3 kids
the scariest part was the tiny little plane
i couldn’t wait to get out of that little death trap

Reactions: grapedrink