Single women own more homes than single men....

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Do you have a point to make here hal? If so, wtf is it? In your own words.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I'm not even sure you know what points you're trying to make anymore. It seems like you're just rattling off random grievances
Do you have something from twitter to back up that statement?

ps: it's true.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
How are they stealing houses if women are the ones buying more homes?

Hal you've moved the goalposts from home ownership to home purchases. I don't know jack sh!t about family court or whatever in the US. Meinkampfallot said "also" almost as if mulit-factor/multi-variate.

Are you trying to start a discussion?
Do you have a point to make?
Do you have any comments on what happens in divorce?
How many homes are owned by single women because the old husband died and the old woman is a single homeowner widower?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Hal you've moved the goalposts from home ownership to home purchases. I don't know jack sh!t about family court or whatever in the US. Meinkampfallot said "also" almost as if mulit-factor/multi-variate.

How many homes are owned by single women because the old husband died and the old woman is a single homeowner widower?
fair enough, but I'm trying to point out the folly of pushing the narrative that these women are "stealing" homes via divorce, when the stats clearly show that more single women are purchasing homes.

those factors you mentioned are all covered in the article.

what point do i need to have? This is the erBB politics forum. Scroll through 99% of the threads and posts you'll find nary a point to be made.

As for what happens during divorce, I'm sure it varies by state. In NJ the court has to decide whether the property is marital property or if it belongs to one of the parties from before the marriage.

from there the court decides whether the divorcees sell the property and split the proceeds, one buys the other out, or if one stays. either way you can't transfer a deed by stealing someones property. Someone has to pay up eventually.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sharky

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

He is needling the pathetically insecure Alpha Meninists here.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
fair enough, but I'm trying to point out the folly of pushing the narrative that these women are "stealing" homes via divorce, when the stats clearly show that more single women are purchasing homes.

those factors you mentioned are all covered in the article.

what point do i need to have? This is the erBB politics forum. Scroll through 99% of the threads and posts you'll find nary a point to be made.
Sorry I didn't see anything in the article about women purchasing homes that said child custody and therefore exclusive possession of the house must be 50/50 nationally per woke dictum. If it's 53%, the statistics on elderly homeowners where women outlive men more often than not and divorce+minor child custody possibly favoring the birthing persons party might factor in.

I didn't say you needed to have a point. I specifically had an option for "are you trying to start a discussion?"

He is needling the pathetically insecure Alpha Meninists here.
So trollololololol then.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Yes, I tried to start a discussion.....hence the new thread I started.

and your point is well taken that I need to spell out the intentions of any new discussion for all the erBB troglodytes who can barely count to potato.

the point of the discussion is that this, to me, is an interesting crossroads in the realm of gender politics.

women are closing the wage gap and are outcompeting men in earning advanced degrees. more women are single, marriage is on the decline, and an increasing share of households are single-mother households.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Yes, I tried to start a discussion.....hence the new thread I started.

and your point is well taken that I need to spell out the intentions of any new discussion for all the erBB troglodytes who can barely count to potato.

the point of the discussion is that this, to me, is an interesting crossroads in the realm of gender politics.

women are closing the wage gap and are outcompeting men in earning advanced degrees. more women are single, marriage is on the decline, and an increasing share of households are single-mother households.
Nah, just keep throwing sh!t against the wall and see if any of it sticks.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
The Patriarchy is dead!!

Long live the Matriarchy!!!

Hal has sounded the alarm. We must fight for our rights! This aggression will not stand men!

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
The wage gap is primarily a function of job choice. This has been debunked over and over.

yes that is one factor, but there are other factors that account for the persistence of the pay gap, which is real, albeit shrinking. your point is taken, that people should stop yelling about it all the time because it's likely not as insidious as a university gender studies professor would have you believe.