Show us your SAILBOATS

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I think this is an old quarter-tonner being redone into a work of art in England.

View attachment 175920
That’s a beauty. Reminds of this Frank Gerry design (actually German Frers did the lines).

I'm thinking about building a trimaran when I retire.
Why tri?

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
I adore this photo. The only thing that gives me anxiety is anchoring in that channel.
catching up on this thread - had you bought a boat, got it ready, set sail in the med, returned with it to SD, now selling?

i'm still dreaming of the sail life, i'll probably flail into a catamaran buy at some point.

Last edited:

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
You’re talking something small, trailerable? Like a Corsair? One bad thing about big multihulls is they require end ties=$$$.
Maybe, trailerable. I think I'd prefer to put it on a mooring. I actually like the idea of buying a mooring b/c then I could sell it, like property.

Reactions: One-Off

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
catching up on this thread - had you bought a boat, got it ready, set sail in the med, returned with it to SD, now selling?

i'm still dreaming of the sail life, i'll probably flail into a catamaran buy at some point.
Oh no, didn't sail it across Atlantic yet.
I'm currently selling my Catalina 30 in SD.
Then back to Greece mid April.
The marina is kicking me out May 1st
Which is a good thing because I would be staying there for months trying to make the boat absolutely perfect instead of sailing.
:bricks:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Maybe, trailerable. I think I'd prefer to put it on a mooring. I actually like the idea of buying a mooring b/c then I could sell it, like property.
I think Farrier was the guy who pioneered the trailer trimaran. Doesn't look like he's selling plans anymore.
Seems like a fun project, but you're building 3 boats when you build a trimaran.

Here are all the multihull plans on DuckWorks.

Reactions: ghostshaper

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I think Farrier was the guy who pioneered the trailer trimaran. Doesn't look like he's selling plans anymore.
Seems like a fun project, but you're building 3 boats when you build a trimaran.

Here are all the multihull plans on DuckWorks.
Same guy designed the Corsairs- I think they would be a great boat for So Cal coastal cruising.

I remember seeing these catamarans at a boat show a while ago. I thought they also looked like a blast for So Cal, maybe the occasional blast out to Catalina-