Should Juneteenth revered on the same level as July 4th as an American holiday?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Yup. Especially cause we get to have a small BBQ on the 4th this year
-guy who wears a mask while driving alone, out ! :beer:
Sometimes I really like/embrace the idea of Jewish Christmas. Just say fuck cooking and absolutely fuck doing mountains of dishes and go out and get some Chinese food. :jamon:

Oh and btw, since no else seems to want to say it and clearly someone has to step up to the plate:

Will grocery stores have Juneteenth-themed sales?

I can't wait for the malt liquor commercials:

Reactions: grapedrink

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
What’s awesome about this is that Juneteenth (freeing the slaves) came about because of how this country was founded.

It was the constitutional process as set forth by the founders by which the slaves were finally liberated.

Juneteenth is a shining example of just how great America is.

Once the lefties figure this out they are going to lose their sh!t.
what is more Liberal than this :) !! ( :

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union .. : :roflmao:

Reactions: Duffy LaCoronilla

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
what is more Liberal than this :) !! ( :

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union .. : :roflmao:

They forgot to pay attention to the part about forming a more perfect union......i.e., striving to make the country a better place.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Republicans are going to approve Juneteenth while at the same time banning the ideas that helped bring the idea to Congress in the first place.

And yes, the commercial machine is just waiting to pounce.
All for show while the Voting Rights Act gets pummeled out of existence. A bet-hedger.

Reactions: enframed

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
Yes to both, probably.
Wut? Why y’all worries about getting a day off to vote? an Entire day off for an event that generally takes less time than rubbin’ one off in your moms basement? Comon‘ you wanking whiners.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Wut? Why y’all worries about getting a day off to vote? an Entire day off for an event that generally takes less time than rubbin’ one off in your moms basement? Comon‘ you wanking whiners.
I’m guess that you’re being sarcastic but think of:

-how many people have a long commute
-have to care for children and elderly parents
-have to wait on a long line to vote
-don’t have adequate access to transportation
-are handicapped or disabled

you get my point, there are a lot of variables. Election Day should be a holiday or should be a WEEK not just a one day event.

Reactions: sirfun

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
That is because you live in a blue state that wants people to vote.

Reactions: hal9000

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Elections here are always held on Sunday so virtually everyone has the day off anyway. Also, pay attention kento, dry laws for between 24 and 36 hours. The natives tend to get restless.

I was in Texas in the 80’s and knew what junetefus was, I am surprised that the exposure was limited for so long.