Should Cuomo resign?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I mean, aside from the fact that he comes off like an insufferable douche and that he's been in office for 10 years?

Should he be held responsible for underreporting nursing home deaths?

If you need context:

Last edited:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The whole thing is weird to me. He was the guy who attempted to level with the people and talked to them about how serious covid was, why would he cover that up? And now the same people who said it was okay for old people to die for capitalism are now outraged about dead old people and screaming about this scandal. Such confusing times.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
The whole thing is weird to me. He was the guy who attempted to level with the people and talked to them about how serious covid was, why would he cover that up? And now the same people who said it was okay for old people to die for capitalism are now outraged about dead old people and screaming about this scandal. Such confusing times.

It gets seriously confusing for all of those reasons.

an additional article:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
He put symptomatic covid patients together with very old people who then got covid and died.

The people who you say said it okay for old people to die did not say that. Those people said old and vulnerable people should be isolated and healthy people should be allowed to go about their lives.

Cuomo did the exact opposite. He shut down his state and put contagious people in confined spaces with the most vulnerable.

5 governors out of 45 did this same thing...

NY
CA
MI
NJ
PA

All Dems. Probably just a coincidence.

0.6% of the US population live in nursing homes. 45% of covid deaths are from that 0.6% pool.

Most of those from those 5 states.

• Haha
Reactions: GromsDad and $kully

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
WTAF: https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2020/10/22/ron-desantis-florida-to-further-loosen-restrictions-on-nursing-home-visits/

I can't figure out what was in it for Cuomo if it's found that he purposely suppressed numbers. Did he think this wouldn't come out?

Also, good on Leititia James for blowing this thing open.
Florida and California have virtually identical infection and death rates. Florida almost totally open. California not so much.

The lockdowns did nothing.

The data is in. Listen to the science.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
He always comes across as super smug to me. I live in California, so, whatever. Can't you guys do recalls there? Try them, they're super fun and useful and everything else they are.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
He put symptomatic covid patients together with very old people who then got covid and died.

The people who you say said it okay for old people to die did not say that. Those people said old and vulnerable people should be isolated and healthy people should be allowed to go about their lives.

Cuomo did the exact opposite. He shut down his state and put contagious people in confined spaces with the most vulnerable.

5 governors out of 45 did this same thing...

NY
CA
MI
NJ
PA

All Dems. Probably just a coincidence.

0.6% of the US population live in nursing homes. 45% of covid deaths are from that 0.6% pool.

Most of those from those 5 states.
1. so only states with D governors had these problems?

2. did they die FROM covid or did they did WITH covid?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Florida and California have virtually identical infection and death rates. Florida almost totally open. California not so much.

The lockdowns did nothing.

The data is in. Listen to the science.
I see 1.86M total cases in Florida. 3.52M total cases in California, which is pretty in-line with the difference in population overall, but Florida's at about 30k deaths, and California is at about 49k deaths, so pretty clearly doing worse than California in deaths.

What is it that's closed in California that's open in Florida? That grocery store in Naples is a one-off; I've been to the Panhandle, Orlando, and along the I-95 corridor from Jacksonville to Stuart; the overwhelming majority of the time I don't see anyone going mask-less, and these are some ruby-red areas, politically speaking.

Anecdotally, I mostly know Republicans and it's about 2 in 3 are pretty bubbled. Kids are homeschooled/virtual, some haven't seen their relatives in a year, no air travel, take out but no dine-in, no bars, no events of any kind...there are a lot of people in Florida who aren't pre-pandemic business as usual by a longshot, and the places that closed don't seem to be opening back up. I grew up in tourist central and a shitload of the usual senior population didn't come down this year, including absolute shittons of Canadians who are eating some nice HOA fees to not play golf and tennis and shuffleboard.

I'd also question if "the data" is identical. DeSantis was resistant to even releasing the information on the new UK variant. Newsom, I think earlier in this shitshow your ilk was accusing him of pumping the numbers up?

Anywho Cuomo is straight trash; he should be fed to a polar bear family that would otherwise starve.

Reactions: Aruka

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I see 1.86M total cases in Florida. 3.52M total cases in California, which is pretty in-line with the difference in population overall, but Florida's at about 30k deaths, and California is at about 49k deaths, so pretty clearly doing worse than California in deaths.

What is it that's closed in California that's open in Florida? That grocery store in Naples is a one-off; I've been to the Panhandle, Orlando, and along the I-95 corridor from Jacksonville to Stuart; the overwhelming majority of the time I don't see anyone going mask-less, and these are some ruby-red areas, politically speaking.

Anecdotally, I mostly know Republicans and it's about 2 in 3 are pretty bubbled. Kids are homeschooled/virtual, some haven't seen their relatives in a year, no air travel, take out but no dine-in, no bars, no events of any kind...there are a lot of people in Florida who aren't pre-pandemic business as usual by a longshot, and the places that closed don't seem to be opening back up. I grew up in tourist central and a shitload of the usual senior population didn't come down this year, including absolute shittons of Canadians who are eating some nice HOA fees to not play golf and tennis and shuffleboard.

I'd also question if "the data" is identical. DeSantis was resistant to even releasing the information on the new UK variant. Newsom, I think earlier in this shitshow your ilk was accusing him of pumping the numbers up?

Anywho Cuomo is straight trash; he should be fed to a polar bear family that would otherwise starve.
bold prediction: you’re going to find out that lots of states hid data

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
bold prediction: you’re going to find out that lots of states hid data
Yeah I agree with this, and HIGHLY appropriate post considering the topic of this one.

I'm kind of curious what the overall open/closed thing is. I feel like yeah, you can do lots of things in Florida, but it's still dead, with the caveat I haven't been to Tampa or South Florida. I live very close to A1A and it's not pin-drop quiet in Jax Beach on a normal Friday night.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
1. so only states with D governors had these problems?

2. did they die FROM covid or did they did WITH covid?
You may remember this from early on in Covid. Those Democrat governors with Cuomo as their leader announced an alliance to go it alone in defiance to the President Of The United States. For a time Cuomo was a hero to the left for this and people like you hal were singing his praises for defying Trumby. Some even thought he should run for president. Those governors took it upon themselves to enact their own policies. They fucked up. No doubt you will blame Trumby rather than the hyper partisan democrat governors who thought they were being cute and sticking it in the president's eye by defying the federal guidelines and setting their own rules. They fucked up.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
You may remember this from early on in Covid. Those Democrat governors with Cuomo as their leader announced an alliance to go it alone in defiance to the President Of The United States. For a time Cuomo was a hero to the left for this and people like you hal were singing his praises for defying Trumby. Some even thought he should run for president. Those governors took it upon themselves to enact their own policies. They fucked up. No doubt you will blame Trumby rather than the hyper partisan democrat governors who thought they were being cute and sticking it in the president's eye by defying the federal guidelines and setting their own rules. They fucked up.
nothing but hyper-partisan mouth diarrhea from this idiot.