Senate Republicans are trying to use this crisis to further enrich their donors

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I understand what you are saying

I’m saying a lot of conditions a company may not be able to accept because they have existing contracts with third parties who will call defaults on them if they are pushed aside by a bailout

I really don’t think anyone in government wants to give away money to private companies

it’s a lesser of two evils situation
I see what you are saying, I am just more cynical, far too many on both sides owe their position to corporate money and sole purpose is to funnel taxpayer money to corporations, take a look at defense budget,

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I see what you are saying, I am just more cynical, far too many on both sides owe their position to corporate money and sole purpose is to funnel taxpayer money to corporations, take a look at defense budget,
yeah, that is an inherent conflict

no way around that it’s a difficult situation that has downsides in all directions

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
For businesses that participate executive compensation can not exceed 450K
Clarify - is this saying that businesses are disqualified from bailouts if they don't have anyone on payroll earning more than $450K or that said executives can only receive a max amount of $450K from the actual bailout?

I'm of the mindset that they already got theirs from the tax break plan. If they didn't plan accordingly and went with short-sighted greed instead of injecting the money into their business, too damn bad. Let them fold with all money (both corporate and ESPECIALLY personal executive assets) going to the rank-and-file.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Clarify - is this saying that businesses are disqualified from bailouts if they don't have anyone on payroll earning more than $450K or that said executives can only receive a max amount of $450K from the actual bailout?

I'm of the mindset that they already got theirs from the tax break plan. If they didn't plan accordingly and went with short-sighted greed instead of injecting the money into their business, too damn bad. Let them fold with all money (both corporate and ESPECIALLY personal executive assets) going to the rank-and-file.
This is solely for businesses to pay workers to stay at home. It's given as a loan and if they abide by the terms of keeping employees paid, the loan is forgiven. It's a functional way of distributing because the logistics are in place and also allows for employees to keep their insurance benefits.

My understanding is that if an executive is making more than 450K, they would have to reduce salary. I'm not sure how this would work functionally because most businesses are LLC or S Corp where the profit of the business passes through to the members or shareholders through a K1 filing. My understanding is that this is for businesses smaller than 500 employees, where it is an anomaly for the owner to be making a wage like that.

For instance. You are a shareholder or member of a small business that has a profit of 500,000 dollars after all deductions. This is represented on a K1 and you file it with your personal taxes, which makes your income 500,000 plus whatever ever wages you and your spouse earned throughout the year if any. You didn't really make 500,000 because you're going to pay state and federal taxes on that like is is regular income, and leave the remaining in the business for funding operations minus whatever distribution the members decide to take if any.

I'm sure it's been considered but functionally I don't know how.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Thanks - good info. Agreed that it's hard to determine how that 450K cutoff would work as their compensation package isn't usually limited to a straight salary.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Why don’t you share the context with everyone?
I found your context.

1. Emission offsets and increased fuel standards for airlines.
2. $10,000 for student loan repayment
3.Same day voter registration
4.Money for Planned Parenthood
5. Automatic and forever extension of immigrant visas
6. Sanctuary colleges and universities
7. Wind and solar tax credits
8. Billions of dollars to bail out the post office
9. Collective bargaining law changes
10 Racial and gender diversity

For sure these are the things on the top of every Americans list when looking into the eye of economic devastation.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I found your context.

For sure these are the things on the top of every Americans list when looking into the eye of economic devastation.
Oh please, keep going.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
How about recipients of taxpayer money being kept anonymous and be able to have no buy backs waived at Munuchins sole discretion?

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
How about recipients of taxpayer money being kept anonymous and be able to have no buy backs waived at Munuchins sole discretion?
the buybacks should be absolutely prohibited

the anonymity I could see having a good purpose

it would keep sharks from swarming on particular companies

you want to make it easy for companies who need bailouts to take it,

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I found your context.

This is extremely fng stupid if true

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
the buybacks should be absolutely prohibited

the anonymity I could see having a good purpose

it would keep sharks from swarming on particular companies

you want to make it easy for companies who need bailouts to take it,
It also sets up a slush fund without oversight to reward Trumps favorites.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
It also sets up a slush fund without oversight to reward Trumps favorites.
I’m guessing this is so Treasury can act quickly without having to go back to congress if an industry is going down, but congress would be understandably skeptical of giving up too much spending power

if congress dicks around too much though it kind of gives credibility to the idea though

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I’m guessing this is so Treasury can act quickly without having to go back to congress if an industry is going down, but congress would be understandably skeptical of giving up too much spending power

if congress dicks around too much though it kind of gives credibility to the idea though
All this is based on the faulty assumption that Trump and Associates has a shed of ethics, regressing back into Trump cuck?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I found your context.

That’s the menu, like tapas. Pick 5.