Senate Republicans are trying to use this crisis to further enrich their donors

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
This is good

“I don’t want to give a bailout to a company and then have somebody go out and use that money to buy back stock in the company and raise the price and then get a bonus. OK/” Trump said. “So I may be Republican, but I don’t like that. I want them to use the money for the workers.”

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
This is good

“I don’t want to give a bailout to a company and then have somebody go out and use that money to buy back stock in the company and raise the price and then get a bonus. OK/” Trump said. “So I may be Republican, but I don’t like that. I want them to use the money for the workers.”
Pay no attention to what the Conman says wait for the final version of the bill.

Reactions: afoaf

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
This is good

I like the words.

I prefer the doing.

make it happen trump.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
Prove me wrong

Why do Democrat Senators hate America so much?

"Senate Democrats blocked a massive coronavirus stimulus bill from moving forward Sunday as partisan disputes raged over the legislation that’s aimed at arresting the economy’s precipitous decline."

craigj532

Kelly Slater status
Nov 9, 2002
I don’t understand tying the checks to 2018 reported incomes. Especially if those incomes are $75K or $99K as has been reported. First of all, neither of those numbers represents a particularly high income, especially in expensive parts of the country. Second, who’s to say that someone who made $75K is making that now? Probably a lot of people who made that in the past have now lost their jobs and are as desperate as anyone else.

Reactions: Muscles and kidfury

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017

Just before Sunday morning's meeting, Democrats revealed what they are still opposed to in the stimulus package. According to a person familiar with the negotiations, Democrats say the language would allow for corporations to keep bailout money while still firing workers, that the bailout money would have virtually no restraints and that there are very weak stock buyback restrictions.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country

Just before Sunday morning's meeting, Democrats revealed what they are still opposed to in the stimulus package. According to a person familiar with the negotiations, Democrats say the language would allow for corporations to keep bailout money while still firing workers, that the bailout money would have virtually no restraints and that there are very weak stock buyback restrictions.
Typical Democrat horseshit. They hate Trump to the point where they'll sacrifice the entire country to burn The Donald.

I'm sure that it's all for our own good!

• Dislike
Reactions: kidfury

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
This has nothing to do with trump. This has to do with corporate donors to congresspersons on both sides of the aisle, and thwarting their efforts to swipe our tax dollars for themselves.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Why did house leadership say that they needed to use this opportunity to further their agenda?

They just killed a bill out of spite and hatefulness and Americans are going to pay a price.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
There can be no taxpayer giveaways to corporations. None. Commercially reasonable and publicly disclosed loans with strict terms to protect consumers, workers, and the environment might make sense. Relief must be to people in need, not corporations and not the wealthy.

Reactions: afoaf

Uberkuque

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 19, 2014
There can be no taxpayer giveaways to corporations. None. Commercially reasonable and publicly disclosed loans with strict terms to protect consumers, workers, and the environment might make sense. Relief must be to people in need, not corporations and not the wealthy.
It's not just a giveaway. It's a $500B giveaway, at Mnuchin's discretion.

That's fvcking terrifying. Vote NO.

Reactions: kidfury

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
You won't be so smug when Trumps cuts your SS,
Not planning to depend on it. It will be icing on the cake if/when I get it in 5-6 years or so (not waiting until 70 for max payout)

But SS is going to need full on restructuring eventually, and soon, or YOU won't see much of anything until 75 if you're lucky.

That and Medicare are riding on borrowed time that's closing in fast.

But ya.......Medicare for All!!! (while we can't even pay for Medicare at 65 in a few years).

Last edited:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
If they give money to airlines I want them to demand more legroom in return.

• Love
Reactions: Kento