SeKuNd AmENdMiNT!

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
1. Of all the liberties granted by the Constitution, why does this one bother you the most? The 2nd Amendment is the portion of the Constitution upon which all of the other liberties granted in the Constitution rest. Without the 2nd Amendment they are all gone.
Except that's bullshit.

Other countries have freedom of speech and press and don't have guns or gun violence.

2nd amendment doesn't bother anyone.

It's your feeble attempt to misinterpret what 2nd amendment means in order to preserve your gun fetish and perpetuate gun violence that bothers people.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
There are some really cool prefabs now. That one looks hard to heat.

In the 80's you could buy houses with a Lake Tahoe view for a couple of hundred thousand. It was dirt cheap even by 80's standards. I remember figuring I could sell my house in Ventura and pay cash for a house up there. My father bought places. I was able to spend some real time up there. I regret not pulling the trigger. (pun not intended) The problem was going to be finding work for my wife and I.

Then when the .com thing hit, all those norcal/silicon valley people who were getting millions for little more than a business plan all wanted houses at lake Tahoe. 200 thousand dollar houses went to 1.5 million. The funky little market in Tahoe City started stocking live lobsters and bottles of Dom. Even Truckee got a little toney.

Yet another opportunity I let slide.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I've been looking at Minden....I want something up in the trees and build kind of a
japanese/spanish mashup with interior courtyard, open floor plan and sliding
doors.

View attachment 81522
I like minden.

I think you wait for the crash and jump on something.

I'm going to buy something at Shelter Cove with my sisters when the next crash comes.

Her logic is just have that house and have something down here too.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I had a client that had never had to work a day in his life. Surfer/skier. He had a house on the Nevada side of Tahoe and a house in Hawaii. Flew back and forth according to whim or weather. I remember thinking that he had it down. Oh well.

• Wow
Reactions: FecalFace

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
For me, it would be Oregon / CA

Nevada dryness makes my nails split.
Dude. You hit it big. You put a prefab up on some cheap land in the desert and right next to it you put in your multi million dollar wave pool.

• Love

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
  • Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Except that's bullshit.

Other countries have freedom of speech and press and don't have guns or gun violence.

2nd amendment doesn't bother anyone.

It's your feeble attempt to misinterpret what 2nd amendment means in order to preserve your gun fetish and perpetuate gun violence that bothers people.
Those wouldn't be 1910s Russia, 1930s Germany, or 1960s Cambodia would they? I didn't think so.

You would be referring largely to countries saved from tyranny by the United States and countries which rely on our force of arms to keep them free. The countries which tyrannized those countries first confiscated firearms from their citizenry.

The 2nd Amendment is the only thing which protects us from tyranny, and that's why you want it gone.

• Haha

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Those wouldn't be 1910s Russia, 1930s Germany, or 1960s Cambodia would they? I didn't think so.

You would be referring largely to countries saved from tyranny by the United States and countries which rely on our force of arms to keep them free. The countries which tyrannized those countries first confiscated firearms from their citizenry.

The 2nd Amendment is the only thing which protects us from tyranny, and that's why you want it gone.
You've really never been outside the US?

That's amazing.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
1. Of all the liberties granted by the Constitution, why does this one bother you the most? The 2nd Amendment is the portion of the Constitution upon which all of the other liberties granted in the Constitution rest. Without the 2nd Amendment they are all gone.

2. If amendments to the 2nd Amendment have diluted it, please quote any amendment to the 2nd Amendment which carries the power of constitutional law.

I'll be waiting.
You misinterpret my question. My point is that my personal view about guns is irrelevant to my question- your country, your rules, not my business.

What I am questioning, is the fact that in a debate, people seem to cite an “amendment” in the constitution. Taken literally, from an outsider’s point of view, it sounds silly... because by definition, it’s already something that was changed before. My question is , “why” cling to it?
If someone’s counter argument to me was “because fuck you I lile what i have and don’t want to change “ , that I can accept as a stance, not “yea some rule written in irrelevant times told me so”

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You misinterpret my question. My point is that my personal view about guns is irrelevant to my question- your country, your rules, not my business.

What I am questioning, is the fact that in a debate, people seem to cite an “amendment” in the constitution. Taken literally, from an outsider’s point of view, it sounds silly... because by definition, it’s already something that was changed before. My question is , “why” cling to it?
If someone’s counter argument to me was “because fook you I lile what i have and don’t want to change “ , that I can accept as a stance, not “yea some rule written in irrelevant times told me so”
The Constitution is what keeps Scottish Enlightenment America safe from Real Americans, aka Puritan Jesus Freaks who like NASCAR, pork products, shitty beer, pickup trucks, etc. and couldn't learn Spanish if their lives depended on it.

Dim-witted stupidity about guns and not the judiciary protecting the populace's rights aside, some rule written in irrelevant times is nice to have when you think about when "In God We Trust" and "Under God" started popping up in pledges and on currency.

There is a process to amend the Constitution. It is very difficult by design.

It's also monstrously vital in the least cultured, most plastic, might-makes-right, self-serving consumerist paradise the world has ever known.

The First Amendment is the only thing preventing the US from becoming a Southern Baptist version of Iran complete with a council of megachurch assholes picking a bunch of morons like Rubio or Huckabee or Palin to stand for election.

The Third Amendment gave me the right to ignore some asshole who tried to panhandle me outside of Publix at noon on a weekday while reeking of alcohol.

The Fourth Amendment is the only thing keeping some asshole with one of those thin blue line stickers from stuffing his pork ass face into my business

The Fifth Amendment is the only reason Ron Paul didn't wind up in jail because W Bush convicted him of evildoin'

The Sixth Amendment is the only reason Ron Paul wasn't held in jail by W Bush on suspicion of evildoin' without ever having a trial date set. Gitmo Guests say hi.

The Eighth Amendment is the only reason that, were Ron Paul to be arrested and held for trial for evildoin', he could post bail and speak in complete sentences to W's eternal consternation, instead of remaining gulag'd up.

The Ninth Amendment is the only reason that a woman living somewhere other than California or Massachusetts can get an abortion without having to be paraded through the streets and stoned or consulting a Loya Jirga of Tom DeLay, Denny Hastert, Larry Craig, and Newt Gingrich.

In conclusion, they get to have guns, everyone else gets to not waste their time praying to their imaginary friend or wearing a burka or....

• Haha
Reactions: waxfoot

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
whatever happened to Chris Kyle? Full in hero. Very knowledgeable about guns.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Here's a container home for $40k

prefab is smart

I would like to arrange them with a central space....pool/courtyard

put a wood-burning stove in each unit

I gotta figure something out...my auntie and mom are both getting old